Peter from Poland

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Peter from Poland

Postby Piotr » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:46 pm

Hello there. I'm Peter, and I'm from southern Poland.

I've already experienced what's called oneness in spirituality. It lasted only about 10 seconds, but it was as obvious as the feeling of my fingers typing these words on the keyboard.

Now, guess what... I'm trying to get that back. Haha :D I'm not really an Eckhart Tolle follower (although I used to listen to him), but rather an Adyashanti one. There are, as far as I know, not many teachers as clear and, sort of detail-oriented-while-not-losing-the-bigger-picture as Adya - at least that's what I think.

I used to be in, what Adya calls spiritual consumer phase, but I'm out of it. I'm a really lazy and unmotivated person, but his teaching is actually one of few things that I'm willing to do. Listening to him is nice, but it's not enough anymore. As Tony de Mello used to say, You have to DO something! I can see the truth of it now.

It's often a challenge to apply these teachings, since since I was five until now I have a thread running through my life, which is the following: I'm worthless, I can't be loved, I can't be a good at anything, whatever positive the others are telling me, it's a lie. I can feel that it's fundamentally connected to the energetical contraction below my navel, maybe it's even the place that it arises from. I heard Adya talking several times about "the awakening on the level of gut", maybe that'd be the solution. Anyway, I can't really take this self-hatred so seriously now. It's still there of course.
Piotr

Re: Peter from Poland

Postby kiki » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:21 am

Welcome to the forum, Piotr. I like Adyashanti a lot, too.

...since since I was five until now I have a thread running through my life, which is the following: I'm worthless, I can't be loved, I can't be a good at anything, whatever positive the others are telling me, it's a lie.

This is all part of the "story of me" that you've been conditioned to think and believe, but it's all lies, and you are under no obligation to believe any of it. All of that stuff is part of the past, and the past is gone forever. When those kinds of thoughts arise simply note their presence and then dismiss them as irrelevant to right now. Here and now has no story, so bring attention to what's right here, to whatever is unfolding before you, and look at it without judgment. See things as they are without attaching any story to any of it. When you catch yourself telling a story about it, or about yourself, bring attention back to this very moment. This moment is all there ever is - it's always now. Use what's useful from the past and let go of the rest of it if it's not needed.

By the way, Adyashanti has his live internet radio show tonight. Check it out: http://www.adyashanti.org/cafedharma/in ... file=radio
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby peas » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:06 am

Examine the words spoken by the mind, even just in the first statement:

"I am worthless"
What is 'worth' anyway? Is a tree worth anything? Is it really as variable as the mind makes out or should worth be understood as a single value? All is nothing is everything. This is not something the mind can understand in its black and white judgments. It forces us to go deeper and sense the truth. Peter, what a gift it is to have your mind pose this problem. Now you can look at the first part of that statement "I am worthless". What does 'I am' mean? You will go to the depths with that question.

Now unpack the others too: "I can't be loved"; "I can't be good at anything"; "Whatever positives people are telling me, it is a lie".

Adya would no doubt suggest also that you read yourself like a book and not wait for a spiritual guru to give you the answers.
peas

Postby peas » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:36 am

How funny. Adya in his live broadcast just now, said the one thing that will save you so much energy in your journey, is to look into your current experience. Don't look externally, look internally. Get deeper access to your current experience. He said you can have gold under foot but you may never find it if you don't pick up a shovel and dig. He reiterated this because of how important it is. Look into the nature of your consciousness in which all experience unfolds. Look past all the nonsense. You start to experience that you can't find this isolated, limited, little self inside. The reason: its not there, it only existed in the mind. Feelings are developed around the imaginary image.
peas

Return to Introductions