Hi everyone.

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi everyone.

Postby SpeakNow » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:09 pm

New guy here! After lingering through the community the last couple weeks (Thanks Google!), I decided to become a participating member. Many of the topics are worded in such a way, they resonate with me. Basically, I felt a connection with several of the questions that have been asked, as well as many of the replies that followed.

PON is the real deal. Why? Well because I'm currently on page 65. Yup. That's 65 pages from a guy who's not once in his life purchased a book from a bookstore with an interest in finishing it. True story! Outside of what was required for school, this is the first time in 30 years that I've intentionally drove to a Barnes and Noble and bought a book for myself.

So how did I get to this point? YouTube. Recently, my sleeping habits have been terrible. I could sleep 2, 8, or 12 hours, but my amount of rest felt the same. Very little. What started as a YouTube search for "relaxing music for sleep" resulted in Eckhart Tolle Videos. Which resulted in searching for more "Eckhart Tolle videos". Which resulted in "How the heck do you pronounce Eckhart Tolle". Which eventually led to this forum and into the book.

I could endlessly ramble on and on about the first two chapters and the affect it's played on my pain-body, but I'm sure you've suffered enough. :lol: I have a genuine interest in finishing the book and joining in on the discussions. Take care.
SpeakNow

Re: Hi everyone.

Postby KathleenBrugger » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:28 am

Hi SpeakNow, glad you decided to join in the conversations! I like your screen name. I will look forward to hearing more from you about your thoughts about PON. Fascinating how this book has drawn a non-reader to not only purchase but read the book!
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby peas » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:56 am

Many of us can relate to having sleeping issues. Your post reminded me of how I used to drift off to sleep using the radio. A way of temporarily curing insomnia by distracting my mind. Then I followed Ekhart's teaching and discovered the best sleeping pill ever invented, presence. How pleasant it is to drift effortlessly off to sleep, not thinking about the past or the future.

Welcome to the ET forums.
peas

Postby Sighclone » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:20 am

Welcome SpeakNow!

peas - thanks for joining and continuing to contribute...I enjoy your fine comments!

(you too, kb :) )

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to Introductions