Hello hello!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello hello!

Postby Triple T » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:21 am

I have been reading all of your posts for weeks now after discovering this website. I am a newcomer to ET and am immersing myself in reading and re-reading, listening and re-listening to his material.
I feel like I am a two year old walking around with my arms up in the air trying to keep my balance. For the most part it seems that I am discovering the witnessing aspect - that I have a pain-body and recognizing when it appears, and becoming aware of not being present most of the time. It is a wonderful experience discovering that I am not the suffering self I thought I was. Yet I seem to be experiencing that very suffering self more acutely. There have been many moments of feeling awake and feeling the inner body. There is also the wondering, am I ever going to get past this part of the process?

I am enjoying reading all of your thoughts and ideas and it gives me much hope for finding others who are wanting to embrace this process.

Thank you for having this forum!!!
Triple T

Postby erict » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:19 am

Hello and welcome!

Where are you from? How old are you? What do you do for a living? Share with us more about yourself and your life... :)

It's been my observation that people usually have to go through a lot of suffering before embracing a radical process of inner change, such as the one Eckhart Tolle describes. Has it been that way for you as well?
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby Triple T » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:17 pm

Thanks.

I'm in my late forties, living in the Atlanta area. I work in the photography business.
Yes, to answer your question. It is the suffering sense of self that Eckhart talks about that reverberates with me. It is the freedom from that and the inner feeling now that that is not who I really am that really really calls to me.
Triple T

Postby barbarasher » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:56 pm

Yet I seem to be experiencing that very suffering self more acutely….It is the freedom from that and the inner feeling now that that is not who I really am that really really calls to me. … There is also the wondering, am I ever going to get past this part of the process?

Yes, we have all suffered and that is why this material calls out to us. We see how our mind-made self tortures us.

I first read this material in November 2004 (so I'm new too) and also have been immersing myself in reading and re-reading, listening and re-listening to his material.

The pain still comes and goes, but is definitely here too much. The transmission signal is weakening though. It is a process for me. I am traveling on a new path and enjoying the view and working towards a new horizon.

You may want to read my post called "Making it Happen" in the Questions section. The last post was on Jan. 18th.

Welcome, please share your pain. Maybe we can help.
barbarasher

Re: Hello hello!

Postby summer » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:18 pm

Triple T wrote:. It is a wonderful experience discovering that I am not the suffering self I thought I was. Yet I seem to be experiencing that very suffering self more acutely. There have been many moments of feeling awake and feeling the inner body. There is also the wondering, am I ever going to get past this part of the process?
!

Welcome to the forum, Triple T,
I can certainly relate to your quote. It is as if the light seems brighter than ever, and the dark lools really, really, yucky :)
I like to think that the suffering hasn't really gotten any worse. And that I am just more aware of the negativity and selfishness now.
Still, accepting 'what is' is the key. Remember the old saying "What you resists, persists"

I am really glad that you jumped onboard, and look forward to sharing this journey together.
summer

Postby Triple T » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:46 am

Thanks Eric, Barbara, and Summer.
Thank you all!

After posting and reading Barbara's reply I found myself reading the beginning of PON where ET talks about identifying with the pain-body.
I feel that this is where I am right now - with so much experience believing that the "me" that I think I am IS this pain-body - so that when it arises or something triggers it in me - I believe it is me. So today I made it my goal to be as present as I could be and to really watch and more than that FEEL the pain body within me and just observe it - not try to fix it, judge it, analyze it, just be with it.
Well lo and behold, there it was and I could feel it and also feel the witnessing presence within me. It was as if the proverbial light went off and I was more ok with it all - less dark, less intense....

Then I read Summer's encouraging words - well that just made the day even better.
This site is a blessing and has already helped me in the process of moving forward.

Barbara, I did go back and read the posts you suggested. Your words could have been mine. I am very encouraged by this and want to encourage you as well.
Words don't seem to be enough - so I send
a big thank you to you all for being here!!!
Triple T

Postby heidi » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:15 pm

Hi Triple T, And thank you for being here :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby Triple T » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:59 am

Thanks Heidi.

I enjoyed your website, Peacethings and your art portfolio, too.
It feels good to be plugged in to this group, finally.
Triple T

Return to Introductions