Hello from Ireland

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello from Ireland

Postby Maire » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:52 am

I have been reading the forum for a while now. I have only recently read The Power of Now and Stillness Speaks and I like to watch Eckhart videos also. When I listen to his voice I know he is truly present - if you find it hard to find true meaning as you read his books, something more comes through when you listen to him speaking. But I know its not about hero worship.

As for my own enlightenment, I think I have a while to go before I reach the end of suffering. But I think I am a little bit present. I have a vague memory of presence from early childhood before ego took hold. It is a sense of being everything and knowing everything is alright. I always remembered feeling like I was watching the adults and older children (I am the youngest of a large family) from a "higher perspective", like I was the adult and they were the children. I felt like an old wise person trapped in a child's body. Well as soon as I noticed this, no doubt it was the cue for my own ego and its dramas to get going.

The ego dramas are still unfolding, but hopefully I'm on the path.

Maire
I have lived with several zen masters - all of them cats. - Eckhart Tolle
Maire

Re: Hello from Ireland

Postby kiki » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:32 am

Welcome to the forum, Maire. I agree with listening versus reading Tolle. The audio version of Stillness Speaks is my favorite of all of Tolle's work.

kiki

By the way, I'm the youngest of 9 kids, and I remember when "time" seemed to enter my life and I began to see myself as separate from everything and everyone.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby runstrails » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome Maire! Looking forward to your contributions.
runstrails

Postby peas » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:09 am

That childhood memory of presence is really cool. First time I have heard anyone say that.
peas

Postby Onceler » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:57 am

Welcome Maire. John's Sherman uses the childhood memory technique to understand that the 'you' you are now is the same as the one you experienced in your child. It is unchanging, permanent, and cannot be harmed… tap into the realization you already had and you're on your way!
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Sighclone » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Welcome, Maire! My wife was born in Ring's End. Jac O'Keeffe is a fine nondual speaker, writer, teacher. She has a home in Bray. Her website is here:
http://www.jac-okeeffe.com/

Nice comments on the origin of the ego in another thread -- we look forward to more!

Namaste,

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to Introductions