Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Postby karenw215 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:16 am

Hello Everyone! I am new to the board and to Eckhart Tolle's teachings. I have no one to share my thoughts with and get feedback or different perspectives. I first did a search for spiritual forums but that did not help. So I tried Eckhart Tolle forums and here I am. I am currently working a new demanding job. Taking part in a creativity course and trying to follow along with the rebroadcast of the Eckhart/Oprah webcasts. Oh and reading The Power of Now on the train.
I am feeling blocked. I pray and I try to silence my mind, There is something holding me back from connecting with others and myself.
I know there are layers of abuse starting at an early age. Is it necessary to get in touch with that to learn to be totally focused on the present moment or is my ego leading me on a wild goose chase? Will learning through practice, practice, practice to be in the present moment be what it takes to free myself? I have many questions and I am so excited to have found this board. I do have work early in the morning so I must scoot.
Peaceful slumbers!
Karen
karenw215

Re: New Member

Postby KathleenBrugger » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:22 am

Hi Karen, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get feedback and different perspectives.

I don't think you have to go back through your past to clear things out before you can be present in the moment. But that doesn't mean that at some point you won't want/need to deal with the residuals of the abuse or whatever happened. I look forward to seeing you around!
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby runstrails » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:31 am

Welcome, Karen!
Enjoy the forum. I hope you get some useful answers. Look around we've addressed questions similar to yours in the past---those threads might be useful. I agree with Katheen that its better to focus on self-inquiry first and once you're grounded in that you can examine past experiences and conditioning.
runstrails

Postby karenw215 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:43 pm

I figured as much. I have been working on somethings off and on for many years and I have come a long way.
I just moved in December to a new job in a new town and I will find a new therapist. I certainly don't want to use this forum in place of treatment. I do want to voice some questions as they come up and read others posts to gain some insight.
Thank you for responding to my post so quickly! Have a wonderful, gratitude filled spring day everyone!
karenw215

Postby karenw215 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:03 pm

Sorry, it's early here and I just reread the answers to my post. I was not able to edit since I had submitted it for review. I had an little light of understanding after I clicked send.....
So I can find that inner silence and and through a place of calm deal with the residuals of abuse (great word for it residuals). I am well aware of some residuals and not of others.
From this inner quiet place, I will be able to look at whatever it is at the moment objectively, acknowledge it without being it and set it free.
I need to let this set in.
karenw215

Return to Introductions