Hi, new one here :)

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi, new one here :)

Postby Attention » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:14 pm

I wasn't interested in spiritual teachings until i've seen some videos for Eckhart Tolle on youtube. then I became very interested but there's not so much difference in my situation.

young man having anxiety, social anxiety, depression and some other problems, ET sometimes helping my to decrease the hell that my mind is creating, but I'm still there, I'm trying to listen more and apply the teaching in the now, some times i forget, sometimes i just do not want, sometimes i cannot. sometimes i do. Now, that's what I'm doing, I do not know if there's a shortcut to decrease my suffering.

okay, I forgot. this is just a Hi topic. I'm sorry. Hi Everybody :)
Attention

Re: Hi, new one here :)

Postby randomguy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi, Attention. Your post reminds me of the days where I listened to a lot of Tolle on mp3. I think just listening was a good counter weight to my racing mind. Something was pleasing to me about the audio, not just the content but Tolle's tone of voice as well.

"I do not know if there's a shortcut to decrease my suffering." I don't know either. It goes how it goes I find.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby runstrails » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:04 pm

Welcome, Attention! Look around the forum and you'll find threads that may address many of your issues.
I enjoy ET---but self-inquiry was also very useful for me. What is your true nature? Who are you really? Good questions to spend some time answering!
runstrails

Postby dijmart » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:33 am

runstrails wrote:--but self-inquiry was also very useful for me.

I second that! but in my case, I'll substitute "useful" with "necessary" :D
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby peas » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:22 am

Welcome.

A "short-cut" implies short and long. What does that refer to? A measure.

A measure of what?

Time.

There you have one of the most powerful structures of the ego. That is, until it is uncovered and transmuted by presence.
peas

Return to Introductions