Hello All!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello All!

Postby bryans1620 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum, but I have been reading it off and on for the past 6 months or so. I've been on the 'seeker's path' pretty much all of my life. I've always known that there was more to me and that peace and joy existed beneath all of the mental chatter.

I have made great progress, although still a ways to go. Yet, at the same time, I know that everything is here and now.

I have been meditating for the past year and at first it was tough and brought out a lot of past emotional baggage from a fairly rough childhood. Now it is getting easier and I feel more calm overall. Last night, for example, I was sitting in a chair, just sitting with eyes open, and realized how 'in the now' I was and how good I felt. It was a feeling that reminded me of being on strong painkillers, without the groggy feeling.

Anyway, I thought it was time to do my first post and share my journey with all of you and be a more active part of this great community.
bryans1620

Re: Hello All!

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your contributions.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Manyana » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:25 pm

bryans1620 wrote: It was a feeling that reminded me of being on strong painkillers, without the groggy feeling.

Hi bryans, this made me laugh, but I do know what you mean, its a good description.
Manyana

Postby KathleenBrugger » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi Bryan, glad you decided to join in the discussion!
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Return to Introductions