HI from Idaho USA

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

HI from Idaho USA

Postby slow ride » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Greetings.
Real name is Dave.

The last few years have been a time of great searching for me.
There is a long list of materials from which I have profited.

However, nohing has jumped out more than these words from Eckhart.

The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the thinker. The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness is activated. You begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought --- that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter --- beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace --- arise from beyond the mind. You begin to awaken.
-----Eckhart Tolle (from book The Power of Now)

WOW!
Even Alan Watts never stated the path so succinctly.
slow ride

Re: HI from Idaho USA

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi Dave,

Welcome :)

I love that quote you posted. "You are not the thinker" yes yes yes. We've been gripping the wheel of life so tightly, getting so stressed thinking we are driving the vehicle. Then we take our hands off the wheel and realise the vehicle drives itself!

I hope you have a wonderful growing experience here.

Much love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby slow ride » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Yes, yes, yes, indeed.

I've been placed --- no doubt by my own will through either choosing "the farthest out adventure (as Alan Watts suggests)" or because I fell into some type of separation/guilt nonsense --- in an avatar.

I already knew it was an avatar.

But now I have a new understanding of the players in the picture. There are two computers driving this avatar.
1. The ego computer that is exclusively tied to the avatar (standard equipment) that has been learning through fiftyish years of data assimilation in this space of X, Y, Z & Time (The Thinker).
2. The real me who's lending its portion of computer contribution to co-piloting the avàtar by remote access.

I had been thinking erroneously that I had morphed into the avatar's built-in computer and I needed to reboot that, rework its data-analysis firmware.

Now I am seeing the arrangement more clearly.

I just need to step back and remember where I really am.

Freedom!
slow ride

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:06 pm

I like how you've developed your own language for this. It reminds me of Gary Weber's ideas about humankind needing a new operating system.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EK8pcUt4gio

Through You, Love I am Love. I am Word through this Intention.

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Return to Introductions