Hi from Kent in the UK

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi from Kent in the UK

Postby You_Live_You_Learn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Gary.

I am so pleased to have found this forum. My interest in the topics Eckhart discusses has been intermittent and without any real intention until a few months ago. A succession of events in my life lead to an increased interest in the work of Eckhart and also people like Marianne Williamson, Louise Hay.

My favourite music artist is Alanis Morissette and in her lyrics I sense a really strong urge to live in the present moment. I listened to her speak in interviews and when she touched on these areas I would be so curious and my inner ear would prick up!

I was in New York not long ago and found in a great bookshop the shortened edition of 'A New Earth' which I had read and re-read several times now. It is the first time a book like this has had such a positive impact on how I feel day to day. It has already been helping me in various aspects of my life, along with books by Marianne Williamson. I'm getting to the point however where I feel I want to talk with more people about it. There are only a couple of people in my life who I feel I could talk to regarding the ideas Eckhart puts forward. I have a real strong urge to meet people of a like-minded nature. Does anyone on this forum ever arrange social gatherings, particularly in the UK?

I'm pleased to meet you all and look forward to connecting with you on this forum!

Gary :)
To my core self be true.
You_Live_You_Learn

Re: Hi from Kent in the UK

Postby dijmart » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi Gary,

Wecome to the forum! :D Thanks for sharing.

Di
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby You_Live_You_Learn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:38 am

Thank you :)
To my core self be true.
You_Live_You_Learn

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:59 am

Haha this is so wonderful, thank you sharing Gary and welcome :)

I live in London and share the same problem of not knowing others to talk to these things about. There are many gatherings here in London for spiritually minded people. I've been to an Eckhart group meeting a couple of times and a meeting with a neo-advaita guy (personally I'm not a fan of it, but was experimenting and it was a fun experience). These kinds of meetings are popping up all over the place as the dominoes of conscious evolution fall with ever increasing momentum.

I'm always up for a chat so message me any time :)

Much love to you,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Return to Introductions