Hello guys!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello guys!

Postby bluecover » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:35 am

Hey guys, My name is Andrew, I'm from Portugal and I decided at last to participate (actively) in the forum!
Although I've read the boards for months now, i never posted anything (I mostly came to get answers to many of my questions).

I'm 17 years old, I've been reading Eckhart Tolle books since I'm 15 years old. In fact, the only way i can sleep at night is by listening to his various audio books (Insomnias..).
I could write a huge post here telling you about my past, and how hard it was for me to get past it, how much i suffered, how many pills I took and how many medical procedures i did thanks to my mind/nerves/emotions/stress/blah/blah (Basically, hard environment (or bad way of dealing with things?) lead to depression for a long 3 years period of time, which ended up in very intense chronic pain in the stomach area and lack of breath caused by nerves - ended up doing endoscopy, colonscopy, blood tests, urine tests, (....)) (did i told you how much i suffered yet?), but you know what, past is past, and here we are :)

Thanks to the Ethernet I found Eckhart Tolle, which in turn, showed me the path to happiness.(no more pills, no more medics, no more emotional/physical pain!). I can't describe how much he changed my life. I'm so thankful!
Also, thank you all (yes you guys!) for being so open to talk about this and being so patient with all the members in this forum, thank you for all the answers to the many questions that are posted in here, they were really helpful!

When I first found Eckhart Tolle, it was though one of his books, "The Power of Now", and for some reason (I didn't use to read very much), when i saw the tittle "The Power of Now", for some reason, I don't know why, I just FELT i had to read it! And so it started...

..But, you know what, living in school and with parents can be a real challenge when you're trying to keep yourself in the present moment and not get carried by emotions all the time!
Also, sorry if I do some English mistakes here and there, I'm forum administrator in another website which helped me a lot on learning English, but still not perfect :P

I hope you guys are having a wonderful day and keep it that way!

Regards, bluecover :)

(PS: If you guys need help on mantaining website, I know lots of programming languages and I know how to manage a webserver! If you guys need help, I would be more than glad to help!)
Last edited by bluecover on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluecover

Re: Hello guys!

Postby KathleenBrugger » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:45 am

Welcome Andrew! Your English is great, sure better than my Portuguese. :lol: I love hearing what young people have to say, so I look forward to reading your posts.
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby bluecover » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:25 am

I was kind of intimidated to create an account here because I'm not such advanced spiritual guy nor as old as many people around here, so I was afraid i would be seen as "just a kid".
I can see that this is a wonderful community though! :)
bluecover

Postby KathleenBrugger » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:11 am

bluecover wrote:I was kind of intimidated to create an account here because I'm not such advanced spiritual guy nor as old as many people around here, so I was afraid i would be seen as "just a kid".

No way! We old-timers (in both senses of the word) love hearing the fresh enthusiasm of young people, and those new to the spiritual path. Plus, in my opinion there is always more to learn, and newcomers often have very interesting questions.
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:19 am

Bem-vindo à nossa pequena comunidade, é bom ver você compartilhando bluecover.
(totalmente cumprimentos de Traduz Google so don't blame me if it's wrong) :wink:

Also, thank you all (yes you guys!) for being so open to talk about this and being so patient with all the members in this forum, thank you for all the answers to the many questions that are posted in here, they were really helpful!

Gosh!! I love you already bluecover (and no not in a 'cougar' way :lol: ) your gratitude & generosity is buzzing :D

bluecover wrote:
I was kind of intimidated to create an account here because I'm not such advanced spiritual guy nor as old as many people around here, so I was afraid i would be seen as "just a kid".

Thank you so much for your sharing. It is really nice to read the thoughts of those we don't know are reading in the background... if that makes sense, and that the atmosphere is 'ultimately' welcoming.

I too look forward to your sharing. How's Portugal this time of year? Are you on the coast or inland? (not that anywhere is far 'inland' I guess :wink: )
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Phil2 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:17 am

bluecover wrote:I was kind of intimidated to create an account here because I'm not such advanced spiritual guy nor as old as many people around here, so I was afraid i would be seen as "just a kid".

Hello Andrew,

Welcome to this forum, I am from Belgium ... and don't worry about your age, as Carl Jung once said

"We are not of today or of yesterday; we are of an immense age."

(he meant we inherited millions of years of human history and evolution ...)

:)

Also I am very happy to hear that Tolle's teachings have a practical capacity to heal your sufferings and provide you with a better life ... what would be the use of spiritual teachings if they would not help us in our daily lives ? ... it would just be useless speculations ... philosophical blah blah ...

Maybe you could tell us more on how exactly Tolle's teachings have been helpful for you ? What is the part of the teachings which did 'resonate' in you and bring you relief from your pain ?
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby bluecover » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:49 pm

You guys are amazing. Seriously, amazing.
I've worked as moderator in 3 websites and I'm currently administrator in a website with over 10 thousand members (always growing), and they mostly only bash people and they are very uneducated/rude.
Almost everyday I have to ban someone because they don't follow the rules, they offend other people, they create posts in full caps lock full of offensive language, etc..
And It's rare to see in our introductions section of the forum posts so full of love and warmth like yours :)

Well @smiileyjen101, the beaches are awesome and since i live right in the coast (about 1 mile/1.6 kilometers from it), I have tons of beaches to go on at my disposal! My current not very pleasant situation is that I'm in the middle of exams phase at school, and I can't really go to the beach right now :(

@Phil2, The spiritual practices I've been taking part in have helped me mostly on how I deal with most of my unpleasant situations everyday.
School and Home, both can be a living hell sometimes.

When i was a kid, well, my parents would scream all the time at me and beat the sh*t out of me. They currently like to scream and shout the whole freaking day (Thank god they work, at least I have some peace during the day....to go to school). And then there is school. Tests, exams, very unconscious people everywhere, kids with 12, 13 years old think they can boss around older people with 17, 18 like me and my colleagues and teachers, then there are my colleagues which sometimes can be very difficult to deal with. They usually go on parties 2 to 3 times a week, it's incredible, I don't go to any of them though, I like to be alone at peace, although, i find myself lost socially. Most people think that I am antisocial (which I am until a certain point?), I only have a few friends whom I really trust and care about and that's it (really few).

Thing is, my parents have always been very hard do deal with. My father doesn't care about me at all. He likes to give me the silence treatment, but it's not temporary, it's all the time! So we basically don't speak at all, the whole day when we see each other none of us say "good morning" or "good afternoon", anything, absolutely nothing. He only opens his mouth to trash me, to say I'm pure cancer, completely useless and the biggest mistake of his life, for the rest? He probably doesn't even know how freaking old I am. He doesn't care about me at all. We live in the same house but at the same time in different countries.

My mother was my reason to live at the time. She and my little brother. My mother has a huge paindbody as well, but she's a warrior. She lives with my father for almost 20 years now, not because she loves him, but because she loves me and my brother. If they separated from each other, money would start to be a bigger problem, and she doesn't want that for us (at least for my little brother, because she knows as well as i do that I can handle myself pretty well). But this "house pressure" everyday + work almost 16 hours a day (I asked her so many time what the hell does she does that takes so much time to complete, and she says she helps others finishing their work, I can't understand some things, really..), put's her under a lot of pressure, and then she releases it..on me and everyone in the house, and then everyone gets mad and start talking trash back, which provokes her even more to talk even more trash and there we go down the drain...more one day goes past by.

This is hard to deal with, at least if you are a kid like I was a few years back. Spirituality has helped me to deal with all this. Sometimes i still react, it's very hard to maintain calm when you have everyone around saying that you are a very worthless piece of material (although you know you're not), screaming words at you, trying to push you to the limits.

It's incredible that even the slightest mistake can trigger a huge discussion among my parents and I. It's, incredible.
(Because like I said, my father only opens his mouth to talk trash and scream, and my mother tends to believe that I own her every single action I take because she does so much work for me (and although it's true, I do do things for her of course, but when i take a bit of time for myself, she uses that and the fact that she works so hard for me and my brother has excuse to start a hell of an argument that can last for hours (most likely a monologue because I tend not to answer, but she still manages to keep yelling at "someone"))).

Basically, i few years back, I started getting out of control and crying all the time, I wouldn't want want to speak with anyone, I felt depressed and after a few years, i started having a huge chronic pain in my stomach and couldn't really breathe enough (shortness of breath). Felt really bad, which made even more depressed, "How can my life be so bad?" my mind would think. I had no friends, my self-steem in a scale of 1 to 10 was -80, a hell....

So I went to tons of doctors, which in turn sent me to do tons of exams, which led to tons of pills, which in turn lead to absolutely zero improvement. I just felt i was full of drugs at that time, besides being sad and with pain. Which made everything even worse.

Then doctor suspected of nervous ulcer in stomach and sent me to do endoscopy and other "bad"/"hard" exams (They even thought it could be my heart so i made a few examinations for that) :(
I had nothing though.
It was all just mental.

Then I was sent to a psychiatrist (because I had already went to tons of psychologists and lead to nothing), which prescribed me pills to take. I searched the name of the pills on Google and saw that it was bad for the heart, and knowing how bad it would do to me, i refused to take them. (those were only going to make me sleepy all the time by "silencing" partially my mind, like a light anesthetic, but those kinds of pills are very bad for the heart. I used to do research on the pills i used to take before actually taking them, which made me feel even worse when taking them (lol))

I continued suffering and having pain for no reason at all - according to all the medical examinations/exams/tests I did - the root of my problem was really that - my mind.

I couldn't control it. It was fully controlling me!

Then, incredibly just like magic, I was listening to a very relaxing music on day on YouTube to see if I could calm "myself" down, and when I scrolled down to the comment section below, someone said something in the lines of: "Read "The Power of Now" by Eackhart Tolle, it will change your life :)", It was on of the top comments, so it had a few likes on it and decided to give it a try - i was in vacations, basically just listening to relaxing music to see if i could feel happier and playing games (which by the way, are my drug, they've always helped me to escape from my problems, and so, they became an addiction), and I ended up finding the book "the Power of Now". Right in the beginning of the book, i felt like crying of joy, how was I so asleep for so long?! :'(

Everything in the book made perfect sense. PERFECT sense. Like, really. Those were the precise words I needed to hear to start my awakening.

I started reading his books and practicing the living present moment, and after about 6 weeks, all my pain gone, all my suffering (or most of it) gone, no pills no magic powders.

After so much money wasted on doctors, exams and pills, my problem was just...my mind. It took complete control over me, it was destroying my body, it was destroying me.

I'm so thankful, so grateful, no words can really describe how thankful I am. I thank the guy on the YouTube which i never met and the name i don't even dream of, I thank all the persons that gave a like on the comment and so by making it more "believable" and so made me find Eckhart, I thank to Eckhart of course, with all my heart and soul, and I thank to the whole community of Eckhart followers that grew on Ethernet, all this, the whole...it....it seemed like it was all planned, and it all worked out in the end! :D

I really got to stop writing such huge posts, I do it everywhere ahah!

Well guys thank you for your amazing feedback and interest! Peace :)
bluecover

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks for sharing your story bluecover. Congratulations on having the courage to seek out a better way of being. It's you and young ones like you that will ultimately change our world for the better. Live the light you feel in your heart. Be inclusive of that, and those, who seem out of sync. Those who focus on their pain and take it out on others are only caught in their own lack of clarity and understanding. To the degree you can see through the blindness that others live in, and see them for the common spiritual essence they are, you will be a beacon of peace and love in your family and circle.

I'm not suggesting trying to convert anyone. That rarely works out well. Only that you live through your own understanding and see the truth in others. That alone will be a great gift to all in your presence.

Again welcome to the forum.
Webwanderer

Postby bluecover » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Webwanderer wrote:Thanks for sharing your story bluecover. Congratulations on having the courage to seek out a better way of being. It's you and young ones like you that will ultimately change our world for the better. Live the light you feel in your heart. Be inclusive of that, and those, who seem out of sync. Those who focus on their pain and take it out on others are only caught in their own lack of clarity and understanding. To the degree you can see through the blindness that others live in, and see them for the common spiritual essence they are, you will be a beacon of peace and love in your family and circle.

I'm not suggesting trying to convert anyone. That rarely works out well. Only that you live through your own understanding and see the truth in others. That alone will be a great gift to all in your presence.

Again welcome to the forum.

Thank you WW, I appreciate :)
Although It's up to young people to change the world, I don't see many people with my age doing change towards living more at peace/being more happy.
I see many of my colleagues talking bad of everyone on their backs like if it was a natural thing to do, i see so much unconsciousness everywhere I look at :(
I spoke about some of these spiritual things with some friends I really care about, but they thought I was just kidding or just "saying words" like nothing of which i spoke really mattered at all.

It reminds me of "The Allegory of the Cave" (http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/platoscave.html). I feel useless, because I can't change the way they think and see things =(
I wish I could really make change in the world, I really do. Making everyone happy and at peace, by showing them the "right path" (is there really a right path?"). But isn't wishing that things were different than the present moment against what I'm "fighting" for? (enlightenment).

I have so many questions...
bluecover

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:07 pm

Changing the world is not about changing others. It's about changing ourselves through living in alignment and clarity. The world only appears to be a physical place. In truth it's energy in vibration. Explore the your true nature and let it shine from essence. Enjoy life as best you can, that joy is contribution enough. The rest will take care of itself.

Just my opinion. Follow your own inner guidance.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby bluecover » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:02 pm

But others will suffer and won't find the joy of living =(
Furthermore, it's hard to live consciously surrounded by unconsciously people!

I see so many people that suffer like I did in the past or even more, and I wish sometimes I could just give them a glimpse of true consciousness. So that they could experience this inner transformation and be happy!
For example, each 30 seconds someone commits suicide. If they knew what most of you guys know and understood the difference between life situation and life itself, do you think they would still do it? Most likely not!

You are right though. To see transformations in the outer world, they have to happen first in the inner world. The world is simply a mirror, reflecting back to us our own inner state.

kindest regards, bluecover.
bluecover

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:42 pm

bluecover wrote:But others will suffer and won't find the joy of living =(

Yes, some do suffer - quite a lot it would seem. Is there something 'wrong' in that? Does suffering with them by perceiving through a lens of wrongness help them in any way? Or does it just rob us of our own sense of well being? Consider, from one's soul perspective, all experience is valuable.

Furthermore, it's hard to live consciously surrounded by unconsciously people!

That's been my experience as well. Probable most everyone on this forum can relate to that. But I would rather strive to live consciously than indulge in another's unconsciousness. We can still see the truth in them and appreciate life whenever and wherever we can.

Deep under everyone's unconsciousness is the same eternal loving source being that is within each of us, Conscious Being that is the fundamental essence of the entire universe. Look for it beyond the surface distortions of ego when challenges arise. See the truth that consciousness itself is Divine. Live in appreciation of that Divinity in others regardless of their temporary unconsciousness. Even that unconsciousness serves the Divinity within them.

And when you go unconscious from time to time from the distractions that prevail around you - and you will, give yourself a break and know it's just how things are designed to work in this human environment. Rejoice at your remembrance when it returns - and it will, and know that you are a little better for the natural ebb and flow of consciousness in being.

I see so many people that suffer like I did in the past or even more, and I wish sometimes I could just give them a glimpse of true consciousness. So that they could experience this inner transformation and be happy!

The best you can do is be true to your own clarity. If it's genuine others will notice in time. They may eventually even want some for themselves. Be patient. Be real.

For example, each 30 seconds someone commits suicide.

Every experience is valuable. Even returning home with some soon to be seen unfinished business.

If they knew what most of you guys know and understood the difference between life situation and life itself, do you think they would still do it? Most likely not!

Agreed. Most likely not. So let us explore this human experience and love it as best we can. Maybe that ever growing love will rub off on someone who needs it and help them make wiser decisions.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby bluecover » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:11 pm

Thank you for your valuable answers @Webwanderer!
So what you are saying is that being unconscious from time to time is OK (like daydreaming a little bit once in a while)? Or should we try to maintain ourselves fully conscious at all times?

What exactly is the state of an enlighten person, is the person fully awake and conscious 24/7 or does it have unconscious moments from time to time?
bluecover

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:01 pm

Bluecover --- firstly ---- do your study for your exams, don't get too side tracked here unless you can really afford the time :wink:

So what you are saying is that being unconscious from time to time is OK (like daydreaming a little bit once in a while)? Or should we try to maintain ourselves fully conscious at all times?

Everything is okay - it is what it is. It's attachment to a particular 'thing' or 'way' that creates resistance and suffering. You don't see the ocean trying only to maintain its 'calm' do you. It ebbs and it flows, it interacts with the earth below it and the winds above it and it carries 'things' in it and on it. When storms brew it rages, when calm winds blow it is gentle. When the tide flows out, it doesn't worry that it will never flow in again.

It is what it is - whatever IS, is okay, and our reaction or response to it - whatever is - will feed into both our awareness and our experience.

Your warm welcome here was a direct result of your grateful and warm reaching out. If you had come bitching and moaning and yelling at us, we would have had a totally different 'reaction' or 'response'. YOU set the tone, the atmosphere of gratitude and we responded. Can you see this - we are all part of the experience.

No 'choice' is wrong, it just brings a different experience.

There is no 'should', there is only IS. It is what it is, whatever it is, whenever it is. We can argue with what is, and that will create a different experience. We can wish that what is was not, and that will create a different experience.

Quite naturally I think you have hit on a really powerful awareness - the power of gratitude and generosity. Together these are expressions of love for self and others. It brings a 'different' experience, a rich and joyous experience.

When you are being this love - then you are fully awake.

Have this attitude with your study, or anything - be grateful and generous in spirit - love it and the experience of it will be of love.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby bluecover » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:16 pm

@smiileyjen101 such deep and wise words really reach me.

Indeed I should be studying, but my computer addiction can defeat me every time. I didn't play games today, which is a great improvement. I tried to feel my inner body when I felt the urge to go play, numerous times during the day. I will attempt the same tomorrow but without even turning the computer on. It's really hard for me to control this addiction, because computer as always been "the easy way out of my mind", and games really help a lot relaxing...temporarily. When I disconnect from the computer, it's a whole different story. Real life come into action.

I study sciences, and you remind me of something I learned in Physics, which is Newton's Third Law. I know the concept, but Wikipedia explains it better than me:

"The third law states that all forces exist in pairs: if one object A exerts a force FA on a second object B, then B simultaneously exerts a force FB on A, and the two forces are equal and opposite: FA = −FB. The third law means that all forces are interactions between different bodies, and thus that there is no such thing as a unidirectional force or a force that acts on only one body. This law is sometimes referred to as the action-reaction law, with FA called the "action" and FB the "reaction". The action and the reaction are simultaneous, and it does not matter which is called the action and which is called reaction; both forces are part of a single interaction, and neither force exists without the other."

I don't think it only applies to physics and objects interacting with each other, I deeply believe this applies to everything in life. (although most scientists may have a very different opinion from me ahah).

Thanks again for the absolutely wonderful and enlightening answers I've been getting from you guys, I'm deeply thankful :)

Kind Regards, Andrew.
bluecover

Next

Return to Introductions