Hello guys!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Re: Hello guys!

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:09 am

bluecover wrote:Thank you for your valuable answers @Webwanderer!
So what you are saying is that being unconscious from time to time is OK (like daydreaming a little bit once in a while)? Or should we try to maintain ourselves fully conscious at all times?

Of course it's okay. It's in all likelihood inevitable. It matters not so much that you get caught up in an experience and thought. It matters so much more that you know where home is, and that you don't consider it a crime that you got distracted. It happens for a purpose.

I'm not so much a fan of trying to maintain a fully conscious state at all times. Consider the stress upon ourselves for the failure to do so. I am however a fan of regular moments of thought free clarity of being - of alignment with our true nature. Find that felt clarity often, until it is so familiar it is available at any time you choose for it. Consider it as a kind of dance with the experience of life. Done well - clarity and exploration - it is a thing of beauty.

What exactly is the state of an enlighten person, is the person fully awake and conscious 24/7 or does it have unconscious moments from time to time?

Depends on who you ask. There are a lot of answers from those who either do not know, or simply imagine they do. For my money I no longer care. My interest is in increased clarity of being. Concerns over definitions of enlightenment have not produced the slightest increase in enlightenment. Clarity however is a feeling issue. One knows when one perceives more clearly the challenges of life experience. It needs no definitions or litmus tests.

smiileyjen101 wrote:Your warm welcome here was a direct result of your grateful and warm reaching out. If you had come bitching and moaning and yelling at us, we would have had a totally different 'reaction' or 'response'. YOU set the tone, the atmosphere of gratitude and we responded. Can you see this - we are all part of the experience.

No 'choice' is wrong, it just brings a different experience.

Nice post Jen. Very insightful. It clearly demonstrates how one affects the environment in which they find themselves. Of course here on this forum it's just as likely we drew out bluecover's natural affinity for loving interaction... :wink:

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:51 am

Nice post Jen. Very insightful. It clearly demonstrates how one affects the environment in which they find themselves. Of course here on this forum it's just as likely we drew out bluecover's natural affinity for loving interaction... :wink:

WW

:D Of course Webby, a seed finds fertile ground in which to grow.

It's nice to see our 'arguing' as inviting the likes of Bluecover. Like energy has to merge :D
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby bluecover » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:15 am

Thank you :)

I've seen some reviews about a book called "The secret", and it talks about that which you both are talking about, like energy attracts its frequency.

Indeed this forum is full of good energy! And good people! ^^
bluecover

Postby Phil2 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:33 am

bluecover wrote:They usually go on parties 2 to 3 times a week, it's incredible, I don't go to any of them though, I like to be alone at peace, although, i find myself lost socially. Most people think that I am antisocial (which I am until a certain point?), I only have a few friends whom I really trust and care about and that's it (really few).

This is a good point Andrew ... in those parties you will only learn imitation, social conformism and competition for the best self 'image' and the smartest girl to 'conquer' ... learning to wear 'social masks' and project the appearance of what you are NOT to please others and get their approval, this fear to be 'rejected' ... all this can only lead you to a false identity and endless lies on yourself ... being what you are is enough, no need for 'masks' ... no need for other's recognition ...

Freedom starts by aloneness ... learning to walk alone (psychologically speaking), which means remaining untouched by other's opinions about you, and even by your own opinions ... and this is not so easy because we think we 'need' others ... of course we need others for practical reasons, we need the baker, we need the mason, we need the electrician ... but we don't need others to tell us and be who we are ...

Then find something of your own, something you are interested in, your interest in Eckhart Tolle is a good sign too, very rare for a young person to find interest in such teachings ... there are so many new things to learn, so many places to discover, so many wonderful people to meet ... the first one being ... yourself ...

:)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby bluecover » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Thanks Phil, and yes, you are right.
Although, sometimes i ask myself if that's what I really should be doing. I don't know if isolating myself from all my other colleagues it's good. In the end, succeeding in the outer world is about social skills, not much about what you know and feel.

Yes, succeeding in the outer world is just a game you can or not play, like Eckhart Tolle says, and it doesn't really matter for you to succeed or not in the inner world, but It's part of the experience of life, and sometimes I question myself If I should be doing this instead of that (here's the mind at work..).

9/July my buds are getting together to go to a convent of games, where lots of popular Youtubers will be there and professional gamers, and they always invite me (even knowing I won't go), and again, I don't know if it is the habit of not going to these type of events or just the feeling that I don't need to go, that kicks in, and I don't go. I just don't feel the need to experience new things. Is that even normal? :(

Mark Twain said: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

And I definitely think he's right, but I don't want to take risks in life, and I think that's bad. Life is only one and it should be lived to the fullest.
I just feel taking risks is unnecessary when you are already at peace. But again, I don't think that's a good thing (here it is the mind again..?).

I like how Eckhart puts it in one of his audio books (that I'm currently listening to everyday at night), it's "Living a Life of Inner Peace", and I like how he says that a bird flies when he has to fly and doesn't think about it. The whole just acts though it and it flies. Simple as that. But I wish it as that easy and simple ("I wish", here it is the mind again..).

I don't know if I explained myself good, but I basically just "think" that what I do when I'm at peace is not good enough to succeed in the outer world, which in turn does matter to a certain point in life, but here I am again thinking too much...oh god <.<

Kind Regards, Andrew.
bluecover

Postby Phil2 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:26 pm

bluecover wrote:I just don't feel the need to experience new things. Is that even normal? :(

I would say if you don't feel it, don't do it ... listen to your heart ... but don't listen to your fears ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby bluecover » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:03 pm

That is great advice, Thank you :)
bluecover

Previous

Return to Introductions