Edinburgh

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Edinburgh

Postby djh64acw » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Hello everyone........I am moving to Edinburgh next year and would be interested to meet other followers of Eckhart. So please get in touch! Bye for now.
djh64acw

Re: Edinburgh

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi djh... sounds like a 'new life' in Edinburgh, but of course you don't have to wait until next year.

Feel free to share here.

Wherever you are :D

Welcome.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby dijmart » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:29 am

I don't even know where Edinburgh IS, I don't think I'm even in the same country! :lol:

So, yes, please share here! :D
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:47 am

DJ Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland, so I'll just 'forgive' you that :lol:

Home of Edinburgh Castle, the Tattoo, Holyrood Palace and the Scottish Parliament, and the great citizen Greyfriars Bobby. :wink:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby dijmart » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:09 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:DJ Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland, so I'll just 'forgive' you that :lol:

Home of Edinburgh Castle, the Tattoo, Holyrood Palace and the Scottish Parliament, and the great citizen Greyfriars Bobby. :wink:

Thanks for "forgiving me" Jen. I'm from the U.S. and haven't heard of any of the things you mentioned. But, I think I failed geography in 8th grade, so there you go. :wink:

At least I knew it was a different country! :lol:
dijmart

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:09 am

Oh dear... the 'naughty little girl' wants to say that would possibly put you in the higher 1% of Americans wouldn't it :lol:

Of them all, I guess very dear to me, the Scottish Parliament - that at the moment has 'home rule' but not total independence in the United Kingdom. (Historically the 'union' came about when a Scottish King became King of England by 'birthright' and Scotland seems to have suffered in the union ever since that King chose to create his parliament in London.

On the floor is an old 'new enlightenment' idea that it is not beyond the wit of man to find answers, and though it's taken many a long year, at the moment 'Home Rule' is that answer in terms of 'domestic' issues where Scotland differs in thought and deed to the English / UK notions.

It also holds the 'parliamentary mace' that sooooo rings the Scottish energy and genuine ideals - interestingly a gift from Queen Elizabeth II, whose mother's blood runs thick with Scots blood ---

The mace is housed in a glass case in the debating chamber and has a formal, ceremonial role during meetings of the Parliament.[64] The mace sits in front of the Presiding Officers' desk and is made from silver and inlaid with gold panned from Scottish rivers and inscribed with the words: Wisdom, Compassion, Justice and Integrity.[38]

The words - There shall be a Scottish Parliament (which are the first words of the Scotland Act 1998), are inscribed around the head of the mace. At the beginning of each session in the chamber, the case is removed to symbolise that a full meeting of the Parliament is taking place.

Some gifts are beyond 'perfect' --- that full bodied passionate debates, those that would scare weaker mortals, are knowingly over-arched with Wisdom, Compassion, Justice and Integrity, just 'rings' so true.

And forgive my enthusiasm, I was at home when the referendum throughout the UK agreed with Scotland having a 'measure of independence' again, and this time, no wars, no blood shed, no 'enemies and obstacles that could not be reconciled. :D

They opened the first sitting of the new Parliament with a hearty rendition of A Man's a Man, for a' that - a Robert Burns poem turned song about equality that truly does speak to the heart of all matters, of state and of person.
Translations of the auld words - 'gowd' - good, hings = hangs, the 'guineas stamp' an old knighting or peerage stamp that made some folks think they were better than others, birkie - like a peacock, mauna - must not,

A Man's A Man For A' That
Type: Song
Tune: For a' that.

Is there for honest Poverty
That hings his head, an' a' that;
The coward slave-we pass him by,
We dare be poor for a' that!
For a' that, an' a' that.
Our toils obscure an' a' that,
The rank is but the guinea's stamp,
The Man's the gowd for a' that.

What though on hamely fare we dine,
Wear hoddin grey, an' a that;
Gie fools their silks, and knaves their wine;
A Man's a Man for a' that:
For a' that, and a' that,
Their tinsel show, an' a' that;
The honest man, tho' e'er sae poor,
Is king o' men for a' that.

Ye see yon birkie, ca'd a lord,
Wha struts, an' stares, an' a' that;
Tho' hundreds worship at his word,
He's but a coof for a' that:
For a' that, an' a' that,
His ribband, star, an' a' that:
The man o' independent mind
He looks an' laughs at a' that.

A prince can mak a belted knight,
A marquis, duke, an' a' that;
But an honest man's abon his might,
Gude faith, he maunna fa' that!
Their dignities an' a' that;
The pith o' sense, an' pride o' worth,
Are higher rank than a' that.

Then let us pray that come it may,
(As come it will for a' that,)
That Sense and Worth, o'er a' the earth,
Shall bear the gree, an' a' that.
It's coming yet for a' that,
That Man to Man, the world o'er,
Shall brothers be for a' that.

A wise man our Rabbie :wink:
Last edited by smiileyjen101 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:26 am

The 'childish' among us might have preferred Flow'r of Scotland in celebration / recognition of the spirit of all that Scotland's children withstood and endured in the years between that first King (James of the King James' bible 'fame' or infamy - a homosexual child molester telling folks how to live 'moral' lives under his 'rule') and many tyrants with more love of power than the power of love who came after him.

This is an extremely 'tame' version with lyrics. To hear it with many hearts and many voices is just .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPaJhlIIYjM

.....You can never extinguish the full truth of history.
smiileyjen101

Postby dijmart » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:43 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:

Oh dear... the 'naughty little girl' wants to say that would possibly put you in the higher 1% of Americans wouldn't it :lol:

:lol: lmao!

Oh, also forgot to mention I don't like history and only got a "C" in that class!
I also don't watch or listen to the news! I'm an uninformed American, but since I have no political power it's not dangerous. :lol: I'm finding this all very humorous, the ability to laugh at one self is wonderful! :mrgreen:
dijmart

Return to Introductions