The Power of Now - Bachelor Thesis - special spiritual words

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

The Power of Now - Bachelor Thesis - special spiritual words

Postby ilusek » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi dear friends,
I am Ilona from the Czech Republic and I am an English teacher. I am finishing my studies at university. I have decided to write my bachelor thesis on the topic of The Power of Now: the Spiritual Language. It is a language analyses of certain spiritual and special words that Eckhart Tolle uses in this book. I have found this special community and I NEED YOUR HELP. Could you, please, inspire me and write me words, that are the most helpful and essential while reading this book. Or can you help me to find a discussion where I could find some helpful information. THANKS A LOT for your help.
Ilona
ilusek

Re: The Power of Now - Bachelor Thesis - special spiritual w

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Welcome Ilona,

I think that's so awesome that you're writing your thesis on PoN.

I'd say look anywhere on this board as there are valuable discussions everywhere. This forum is a great place. Use the search feature as well at the top right for keywords of any topic you'd like to read about.
Enlightened2B

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:47 pm

Consider finding members of this forum in which you like their writing and research their posts. Their are many insightful members that have posted regularly. Just click on their screen name and then click 'search user's posts'. Click on any of their posts and it will bring up the thread where the full post and context is available.

Welcome to the forum. Happy hunting.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby karmarider » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:00 pm

You're writing about the words Eckhart Tolle uses in the Power of Now, and the words which he uses with particular definitions which I can think of right now are: enlightenment, mind, thought, emotion, pain body, conditioning, fear, sin, Being, God, reality, Now, presence, watcher, thinker, consciousness, identification, observing, love, joy, suffering.

Since you are writing about words, it might be interesting to note that the PON also has something to say about words and language:

"...words in themselves are not important. They are not the Truth; they only point to it"

"Don't get stuck on the level of words. A word is no more than a means to an end. It's an abstraction. Not unlike a signpost, it points beyond itself"

Welcome to forum!
karmarider

Postby ilusek » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Thanks a lot for your advice... It is a great help for me. I would do all you suggested. I am very happy to find this disscusion :D :D :D
ilusek

Postby kiki » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:46 pm

Welcome to the forum, ilusek. Good luck with your thesis, and when you finish it maybe you could post a link to it.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby randomguy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:49 am

karmarider wrote:You're writing about the words Eckhart Tolle uses in the Power of Now, and the words which he uses with particular definitions which I can think of right now are: enlightenment, mind, thought, emotion, pain body, conditioning, fear, sin, Being, God, reality, Now, presence, watcher, thinker, consciousness, identification, observing, love, joy, suffering.

Nice. What a great project. His use of words is brilliant.

I started my audio PON and compiled a list to compliment KR's.

unmanifest
presence
present
mind
intelligence
aware
truth
conscious
consciousness
being
identification
frequency