Hi Everyone

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi Everyone

Postby seanssf » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Thought i would introduce myself, im Sean and live in Scotland.

I just recently discovered Eckhart Tolle from watching Jim Carrey's awakening videos, and have learnt a lot so far.

I hope to have good chats with everyone as this appears to be a very friendly community :)

All the best
seanssf

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Welcome to the forum. Agreed on Jim Carrey. He brings humor and insight and inspiration. Great combination. Enjoy the forum.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby seanssf » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Webwanderer wrote:Welcome to the forum. Agreed on Jim Carrey. He brings humor and insight and inspiration. Great combination. Enjoy the forum.

WW

Thank you for the welcome, and yes i would definetly agree with you on that :)
seanssf

Postby KathleenBrugger » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi Sean, welcome! One of my favorite things about this forum is its international character. Scotland--yeah! I watched Jim Carrey's commencement speech at the Maharishi U earlier this summer and it was fabulous.
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby seanssf » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:58 pm

KathleenBrugger wrote:Hi Sean, welcome! One of my favorite things about this forum is its international character. Scotland--yeah! I watched Jim Carrey's commencement speech at the Maharishi U earlier this summer and it was fabulous.

Thank you also for the kind welcome :)

Yeah it was amazing, i feel you can really sense his deep loving emotion when listening to him.
seanssf

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi Sean!

I look forward to chatting to you too :)

Do you have any recommendations or links on Jim Carrey videos to watch? I saw one a while ago where he said "I realised, I AM THE UNIVERSE!" Back then I hadn't heard of spirituality so thought he was describing an amazing trip on DMT :P haha!

I used to love his films and would love to hear what he has to say on this.

I know the director of Ace Venturer / Bruce Almighty also recently got into spirituality. He had a bike accident and developed a chronic and horrendous brain injury that made his life unbearable. Medical science couldn't find a way to make it better. He had a spiritual revelation and the injury subsided. Then he decided to dedicate his life to finding lasting happiness, not the pursuit of material possessions / mainstream ideals of success. [At least that is how I remember how he described it].

I think this is the film I saw, but I could be wrong.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1613092/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_2

Interesting how both Jim Carey and he started shifting at similar times. I wonder connected their paths are...lovely!

But, I digress, Welcome Sean!

Love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:49 pm

Jack, this commencement speech at the Maharishi University is excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V80-gPkpH6M

If you know of other good ones, feel free to post.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby KathleenBrugger » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:50 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:I know the director of Ace Venturer / Bruce Almighty also recently got into spirituality. He had a bike accident and developed a chronic and horrendous brain injury that made his life unbearable. Medical science couldn't find a way to make it better. He had a spiritual revelation and the injury subsided. Then he decided to dedicate his life to finding lasting happiness, not the pursuit of material possessions / mainstream ideals of success. [At least that is how I remember how he described it].

Tom Shadyac is the name of the director. That's basically the story I heard, and the film he has made after that is called I AM. From the film's site:
I AM is an utterly engaging and entertaining non-fiction film that poses two practical and provocative questions: what’s wrong with our world, and what can we do to make it better? The filmmaker behind the inquiry is Tom Shadyac, one of Hollywood’s leading comedy practitioners and the creative force behind such blockbusters as “Ace Ventura,” “Liar Liar,” “The Nutty Professor,” and “Bruce Almighty.” However, in I AM, Shadyac steps in front of the camera to recount what happened to him after a cycling accident left him incapacitated, possibly for good. Though he ultimately recovered, he emerged with a new sense of purpose, determined to share his own awakening to his prior life of excess and greed, and to investigate how he as an individual, and we as a race, could improve the way we live and walk in the world.
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby seanssf » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi Jack, thank you for the warm welcome :)

I don't however have any specific links to videos on Jim Carrey, i just seen them all on youtube.

DMT, now there's something i can't stop thinking about :D I have only recently discovered some of the experiences people are having on this and all i can say is WOW, i can't wait till my time comes :)

I never actually knew that director also became spiritual so ill have a wee look into that, also thanks for informing me. Its very interesting like you say how they both shifted roughly at the same time.

Already feel very at home having joining this community. Everyone is very friendly an talkative which makes me so happy considering i have no one really to talk to about this spiritual movement. So i thank you all very much :)
seanssf

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:19 pm

seanssf wrote:DMT, now there's something i can't stop thinking about I have only recently discovered some of the experiences people are having on this and all i can say is WOW, i can't wait till my time comes

DMT is also the active ingredient in Psilocybin (magic mushrooms) and Ayahuasca. Lots of good info on all out on the net. Interestingly, mushrooms are likely the basis for much of the Christmas story.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby seanssf » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:13 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
seanssf wrote:DMT, now there's something i can't stop thinking about I have only recently discovered some of the experiences people are having on this and all i can say is WOW, i can't wait till my time comes

DMT is also the active ingredient in Psilocybin (magic mushrooms) and Ayahuasca. Lots of good info on all out on the net. Interestingly, mushrooms are likely the basis for much of the Christmas story.

WW

Is it not also released in the pineal gland? It also seems responsible for our dreams people have said. I'm still pretty new to researching DMT so my knowledge on the subject isn't great.
seanssf

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:27 pm

seanssf wrote:Is it not also released in the pineal gland?

It is indeed. Here's a good documentary on a clinical study done by Rick Strassman: The Spirit Molecule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-9AHa9YXmM

WW
Webwanderer

Postby seanssf » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:50 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
seanssf wrote:Is it not also released in the pineal gland?

It is indeed. Here's a good documentary on a clinical study done by Rick Strassman: The Spirit Molecule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-9AHa9YXmM

WW

Thanks for the link, ill indulge myself into that later this evening :D
seanssf

Return to Introductions