Hi from Switerland

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi from Switerland

Postby PON » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:10 pm

Dear all,

I like Eckhart Tolle very much and it helped to me to change my views. :!:

Unfortunately, I (42 years) needed a worse illness that I could find the way to the now and mindless states. The illness was my spirituell teacher and Eckhart showed me the way.
The books are described the "now" very simpel. It is so simpel, that my son (13 years) understands it also very well. My wife starts using the power of now again. (She showed me the book 10 years ago, but I was not ready for it. I needed more suffering in my live :? )

I hope so that I can build up my awareness more an more together with all family members. This is a nice situation, that all family memebers try using the "power of now".

On this way I wisch you all less thoughts as possible :)
PON

Re: Hi from Switerland

Postby Phil2 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:46 pm

PON wrote:
Unfortunately, I (42 years) needed a worse illness that I could find the way to the now and mindless states. The illness was my spirituell teacher and Eckhart showed me the way.

Yes, Eckhart often said that suffering had its place, only suffering leads us to question and change our way of living and thinking ... without the suffering life would just go on 'business as usual', unchanged ... so suffering is our greatest teacher ...

It has been the quest of the Buddha, he wanted to understand the root causes of suffering ... and after years of this quest he discovered that the root was ego ie. our erroneous identification with forms, physical forms (body, brain) and psychological forms (thoughts, beliefs, opinions, identities etc .).

Welcome to this forum dear friend.

:)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:02 pm

Welcome PON!

So lovely that all your family are exploring this together :)

Love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Steadfast » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:48 am

Hi!
Welcome to the forum and nice to meet you.
Me also a newbie for this forum and just joined this board.
It's a good place for the discussion. Hope we will really enjoy our stay at this forum.
Steadfast

Return to Introductions