Hi All, I am new to the forum

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi All, I am new to the forum

Postby enough » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi All, I'm Denny and I am new to this forum, however not new to personal growth. First and foremost, I am not normally a "joiner" of anything but after having had a spiritual awakening after discovering Tolle, I long to communicate with those of like spirit. After countless years of therapy, all kinds of support groups, hundreds of "self help" types of inner exploration types of spiritual growth books and thousands of pages of personal writings in journals and inventories and dozens of songs written none of that truly led me to the now. About 8 months ago I had a life changing physical experience in which I had a heart attack and subsequent surgery. In essence I almost died (not looking for sympathy here just telling the story). Around the time I got out of the hospital a friend shared with me a link to Tolle's youtube channel and I started (and have continued) to listen daily to his teachings.

Now having discovered Tolle which have pointed me to my being (if you will), I am so grateful to have discovered a place where people of like mind or at least following a similar direction are hanging out. For no one it seems in my direct family, friendships and acquaintances seem to "get it". Most are pretty tired of me talking about the now because of their differing levels of and or resistance to letting go of the ego or their pain and so therefore most of their lives are run by their mind.

So as I have daily listened to youtube and read both "the power of now" & "a new earth" and have been blessed with some peace from a lifetime of suffering (much of which I was not even aware of till recently) by not only starting to live in the now but also one experience at a time healing the pain body as old and new stuff come to the surface or my awareness (if you will), I am truly blessed with some peace.
I still struggle daily as old stuff comes up but I stay aware and as it comes up I take the time to stop breath, feel my body, I don't judge it or analyze it I simply observe it and in that space, some healing happens and many of the big scarry holes in my soul (at least that's how it felt) have been healed. It's pretty simple really but not always really easy. Anyways, thank you for "being" here.
enough

Re: Hi All, I am new to the forum

Postby Phil2 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Welcome to this forum Denny ... from what you said, once again it seems that suffering has been the greatest teacher and allowed you to question your way of life and bring some fundamental change in the way you see things ...

I'm not sure Tolle is responsible for the change, because Tolle is there for all people, but nobody will listen as long as he is not ready to listen ... it is said that no man is blinder than the one who does not want to see ... when the disciple is ready, the master will come ...

:)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby enough » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Thank u for you welcome and I believe you are right.
'm not sure Tolle is responsible for the change, because Tolle is there for all people, but nobody will listen as long as he is not ready to listen ... it is said that no man is blinder than the one who does not want to see ... when the disciple is ready, the master will come ..."
D
enough

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:32 am

Hi enough!

Lovely to have you here!

enough wrote:Now having discovered Tolle which have pointed me to my being (if you will), I am so grateful to have discovered a place where people of like mind or at least following a similar direction are hanging out. For no one it seems in my direct family, friendships and acquaintances seem to "get it". Most are pretty tired of me talking about the now because of their differing levels of and or resistance to letting go of the ego or their pain and so therefore most of their lives are run by their mind.

Awakening can be a lonely place at times. It's great that forums like this exist so that we can come together and talk about our experiences. It's certainly helped me a lot! It's important not to blame others for the way they feel and experience right now though. They are walking their path and learning their lessons, just as you walk your and learn your lessons. Right now, for you, that means focusing on The Now (pun intended ;) ) and that's great! Right now, for them, that means focusing on their own concerns .. and that's great too! It's all learning and it's all 'right'! When/if they are ready, Life will move them this way too, and then they will be able to relate to you better. Until that time, be gentle with them and don't try to force them into a way of being just because you see the good in it.

enough wrote:I still struggle daily as old stuff comes up but I stay aware and as it comes up I take the time to stop breath, feel my body, I don't judge it or analyze it I simply observe it and in that space, some healing happens and many of the big scarry holes in my soul (at least that's how it felt) have been healed. It's pretty simple really but not always really easy.

Yay! Keep on being Fearless and embracing these scary aspects of yourself. By embracing fear, it turns into Love. By acknowledging tension, it relaxes into openness. By shining our Light on the Darkness, it becomes Light. To make the Unknown Known, is to Know a New!

I love that last sentence. Yes! It's simple! And yes! Simple can be difficult! But to rest in thoughtless defensivelessness as I fully embrace and engage with the trials of my Life is the most liberating and joyful thing I have ever experienced! Through each trial I evolve and open into newer joys! Life just becomes more and more easy and effortless!

So glad you're having this experience too :)

Love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Return to Introductions