Hello from Somewhere USA

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello from Somewhere USA

Postby Sailor Dave » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:59 pm

"Somewhere USA" because I'm retired and live full time in my RV, traveling the country.

Just discovered Tolle and have to say I'm enjoying my reading of his book, "A New Earth". While I'm not new to this line of thinking I find Tolle's explanation of the ego one of the clearest I have encountered.

I became interested in ending my suffering several years ago when I stumbled on several books by Zen guide Cheri Huber and Mel Ash's book, "The Zen of Recovery". While Tolle doesn't offer me anything new, his way of explaining things has brought clarification and further insight into my understanding of living in the moment.

Through this forum I hope to learn from others as they walk their own path.

D
Sailor Dave

Re: Hello from Somewhere USA

Postby runstrails » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:52 pm

Welcome, Dave. We look forward to your contributions (from all corners of the country :D)
runstrails

Re: Hello from Somewhere USA

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:13 pm

Welcome Dave. While Tolle may not offer anything new, he does seem to offer a new way of presenting it. I suspect that is what has attracted you. Most of us feel much the same. Tolle certainly rang my bell, but as you suggest, there is nothing new under the sun - well, accept maybe for every moment of being. Enjoy the forum.

WW
Webwanderer

Return to Introductions