HEllo All Newbie here

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

HEllo All Newbie here

Postby Star » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:02 pm

Greetings to Everyone,

I am the latest newbie, I think. I am a senior female who has spent most of her life seeking personal growth via spiritual avenues. Born into Catholicism, I balked at going to church inwardly, as my father was a devout Catholic. I became interested in astrology and had to get to a school for learning this art as I had exhausted all the books in the library. I studied for 10yrs and it was the first time I was introduced to Spirituality and I was hooked!

Later in my journey I suffered the loss of family and was diagnosed with a supposedly incurable illness and the prognosis was there is no cure, go to support meetings and basically look forward to becoming a vegetable. Needless to say I was frightened, all alone, unable to work anymore. Something inside me knew that all diseases were healable and I sought to find someone who was healed and talk with them, as they usually do not go back to doctors. I left the medical field and did find someone. My journey took me into path such as A Course In Miracles, Christian Science & Health, Joel Goldsmith (Infinite Way) Krishnamurti teachings, Buddhism and last but not least The Power of NOw in 2000.
All these paths spoke to me and helped in my healing but to find Peace from the false me (ego) was and has been the goal. I have many of his videos, DVD's etc. All this time I was financially challenged and socially, as I was not well enough to find spiritual companions outwardly.

I had to give up the internet for almost 2 yrs.. In Oct, my neighbor allowed me to use her internet as the reception is perfect through the walls and then in Dec. I get from what seems out of the blue a 30 day free membership to Eckhart Tolle TV! This has been so wonderful as I listen to so many of his talks each day and am inspired and doing the inner work. I am committed to it and really do see that my needs, especially when it comes to spiritual material, has always been provided. I will miss having access pretty soon to the TV but I was able to find this site, which is great as I still have internet.

As far as my health goes, I have been walking between 6 or 10 miles a day for quite some time, lost 75 lbs and completely changed my eating habits to mostly live/raw food, juicing etc. My enthusiasm and desrie and diminished for walking and this new phase of working on the inner me now takes precedence. So much for becoming a vegetable, lol.

I have much less fear around my below poverty level existence and depending on the government...I have had so many miracles happen that I should write a book but have not the discipline or desire to do so. Eckhart' teachings hit right to the core and I am so grateful to see the gifts that have come to me to develop the spiritual more deeply and release the false self. It really does take vigilance and discipline, just like changing my eating and exercising did.

The fact that I am becoming more Peaceful over things that really would upset me is progress and I do fall back a lot, lol! I am glad to be here and will proceed to read the topics available and thank you to the people who created this site. This is really needed for those who feel POW is their path.

Warmest Regards to All,
Star
Star

Re: HEllo All Newbie here

Postby Onceler » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:39 am

Welcome, Star. It's great to hear about your transformation and nice to have you here.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Star » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:49 am

Thank you Onceler...I adore your face as I am a dog lover who is tied to a 4 p.m. show called The Dog Whisperer. I learn a lot about energy and spirituality there and how animals cannot be fooled and know/feel/sense our energy. I had cats at different times in my life and a few dogs. They are Human Frequency Holders as Eckhart says.

Thank you for your response.

Sincerely
Star
Star

Postby Star » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:55 am

Hello Again Onceler,

I cannot find my post in the welcome section, yet when I go to my control panel that is where I found your response..so my question is: Where is my introduction located?? I will keep looking elsewhere to find it too.

Thanks
Star :D
Star

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:02 am

Patience Star. Newbie posts must be approved by a moderator. We are not always in the room to make the approvals. Welcome to the forum.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Star » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:15 am

Thank you Webwanderer,

I am also in need of working on patience. I also understand better too.

Sincerely,
Star
Star

Postby dijmart » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:10 pm

Star wrote:Hello Again Onceler,

I cannot find my post in the welcome section, yet when I go to my control panel that is where I found your response..so my question is: Where is my introduction located?? I will keep looking elsewhere to find it too.

Thanks

Your thread is under "Recommened Links" which I thought was odd? Maybe WW could move it to Introductions.

Welcome!

Di
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby karmarider » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:12 pm

Welcome, Star!
Star wrote:As far as my health goes, I have been walking between 6 or 10 miles a day for quite some time, lost 75 lbs and completely changed my eating habits to mostly live/raw food, juicing etc. My enthusiasm and desrie and diminished for walking and this new phase of working on the inner me now takes precedence. So much for becoming a vegetable, lol.

That's wonderful.

I have much less fear around my below poverty level existence and depending on the government...I have had so many miracles happen that I should write a book but have not the discipline or desire to do so.

Fear seems to rule when it comes to money and financial security--sounds like you have overcome this. I look forward to hearing more about your experiences and outlook.
karmarider

Postby CaiHong » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:14 am

Good Morning Star,

On the odd occasion when I am unwell, I wonder how people cope with serious illness. I was into raw food for quite a while and swear by the benefits of such a diet. I am considering going back onto raw food when the weather gets warmer or is that just an excuse.

I suppose how much you think you need to survive is a bit like how long is a bit of string, people's perception is different. I love ET talking about using tomato ketchup as a sauce on his spaghetti.

What are your thoughts on Astrology now? Do you think it's a lot of nonsense or is there something to it? It seems you have gone into a lot more depth than just reading the daily papers for your daily horoscope.

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

CaiHong
CaiHong

Postby Star » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:32 am

Dear Karmarider & CaiHong,

Thanks for your welcome and responses. First I want to say that I just finished listening to a 90 minute interview from a woman at Sounds True (forget her name at the moment), which is all about Eckhart's experience of awakening. He only mentions a couple of paragraphs in his book POW and so she requested more detailed information. I suggest if anyone here has a Eckhart Tolle tv membersip to watch it. It is so inspirational and moving. I probably only have another day or 2 before my free 30 days are up but I have garnered so much information and inspiration from the volume of workshops he is doing there. I am so grateful for this internet connection and this ET gift that I hope others will consider joining...I could not as I do not have any credit cards so someone up there likes me, lol.

Yes my change in eating brought such an awareness of how food affects my mind, emotions and energy...I really was ignorant of this before. As I mentioned in my first post, I no longer feel the need or desire to walk so much and have allowed myself to have cooked food such as soups I make from all fresh vegetables and I now steam green beans, butternut/summer squashes, sweet potatoes etc. I am finding such peace following this internal shift to wake up. It is not easy as I monitor my energy level before I open my door because when I am confronted with neighbors or doing shopping etc, I recognize how quickly I can revert to Star (the ego self) instead of remaining Present. It is getting better in that I feel the guidance come as a gentle whisper to shut up and listen! So it is far more important for me to be doing this internal practice, although I will not abandon my eating preferences and walk if I feel like it. I know some physical exercise is helpful to me in the long run.

NOw as to astrology, I studied it with a teacher for several years and did do it professionaly for a while when I needed some extra cash. I no longer have the interest and have just a limited curiosity because when I saw ET chart, I knew he had transcended his ego and the purpose of the chart is to rise above the influences and develop spiritually also. My own chart has been showing less and less responses to transits and so I am seeing and understanding more..thats all I can say....I will assume that those who are asleep or heavily ego based will continue to carry their chart and karma with them. I have no judgements, just answering your query.

I just wonder how many here are really into the practice....I have been unable to watch the news and not drawn into the drama and falsity of it all. Eckhart is right in that if the Consciouness of our species does not change, we may not be able to continue. I do not feel so alone either...I was used to comparing myself to other neighbors who have children and grandchildren and friends and now I really do feel that the world is within me and I have all I need to be happy today! I am glad I found this site and can share with others this remarkable journey. I find it amusing now when I go grocery shopping and think I have no car insurance, no credit cards, a cell phone with nobody to call if I get stuck except road service, which I have no money for anyway lol.

Sometime I may share how I was stuck in Santa Fe, NM unable to drive home. Thanks again for your welcome response and interest and let me know how you are doing in your little world.

Sincerely,
Star
Star

Postby CaiHong » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:58 am

Good Morning Star,

Thanks for your considered reply regarding astrology.

Your post got me thinking about my own situation as regards to friends, since becoming more interested in ET teachings I have little desire to socialize, I used to describe not wanting to socialize as isolating myself and I wasn't happy in that isolation and would make the effort to meet up with people but my isolation now is different I am more comfortable on my own and when I meet people, I am far less grouchy and judgemental. When I am interacting with people I carefully observe myself most of the time, it's a good oportunity to observe the ego in action. I find the phenomenon of social sites such as Facebook where people recruit "friends" and chalking up a lot of "likes" must only add to the sense of self. I live in China and Facebook is blocked but I am sometimes requested to link in with someone and even though I know this person and like them, I just wonder why they don't just email me if they have something to say.

Your post also got me thinking about my diet, overall I eat healthily but do tend to binge on sweet food when I feel that underlying uneasiness that ET so well describes. I bought a lot of fruit yesterday. I will make up a big pot of spinach and sweet potato soup for lunch and dinner, breakfast at Pizza Hut, here in China it's nearly a fine dining experience for $4, great service, ambience, wifi, great background music and the food is pretty good to.

Have a great day.

CaiHong
CaiHong

Postby Star » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:29 pm

Hello CaiHong,

Thank you for responding and I can certainly relate to what you are saying about friends and isolation. I let go of all friends because the energy was not good and I wanted to be with myself for awhile. I too am feeling very comfortable with what others would call "isolation."
It is a full time job for me to observe my ego actions and thoughts. When I leave the house to get groceries I will keep checking my "energy"
so I feel calm and peaceful. I am grateful I am not working at this time in my life because it would be almost impossible to do this in depth work while in that experience.

I made a lovely home made soup myself yesterday and had some for breakfast. I no longer live by certain beliefs I adopted such as soup for breakfast because breakfast represented certain kinds of foods. I no longer wear my watch. I cover the clocks in my bedroom and have let go of time and its a kind of fun experience. I have been having sleep problems for some time now in that I go to bed anytime from about 2 a.m to 5 a.m and sleep till whenever I wake up...I was worried over the time and afraid if I did not get enough sleep it would harm me and I became quite anxious and felt I should see a doctor...However, I knew this anxiety is brought about by what I have heard, read etc about the need for sleep and I am not one for doctors. So, I am finally at peace with the fact my sleep cycle has changed, I do not have to work, I feel ok and I am no longer in the panic zone. I never thought I would be in this zone as for 20 yrs I was plagued with fatigue and had to be in bed most of the day!! So now I thought that I adjusted to that due to my so called incurable illness so I am doing the same with the opposite shift and THINKING about it differently... I have ET to thank for this. I listen to him daily since I have the access and it may be gone any day now but I am rich in knowledge that has carried me further in my journey to my SELF.

Sounds like an interesting morning where you can be out there with people enjoying the morning and also working on your Presence and Awareness. How lucky we are to be able to do this and it is work! Also I thought more about the astrology question and I realize in some ways it does not fit with the teachings since it looks at the past and the future and this teaching is to remain in the present, where there is no past or future right?

Have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
STar
Star

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Star, if I may I would like to make a recommendation. Observing thoughts, in my estimation, has good value to an extent. But it can become tedious if taken to an extreme and become somewhat counter productive. Observing thoughts has the primary purpose of recognizing that you are not they. Thoughts arise within you due to all manor of stimulus.

Once however, that you are clear that you are not those thoughts, nor are you the beliefs underlying those thoughts, you can begin to live and experience life from a broader, more inclusive perspective. This realization is a primary element of waking up. There is more however.

More significant than our thoughts are our feelings - which include emotions. Thoughts blossom almost automatically out of emotions; and emotions are the children of our beliefs and perspectives. We all have hot buttons that trigger an emotional response, and judgments and justifying thoughts come flowing out in support of that emotional energy. Watch/observe that for a while and you will see the cascade.

This is not a bad thing however. This emotional energy is a Gift from Source to help us make our way through this human experience. The quality of that emotional energy reflects the nature of our beliefs and perspectives. It is a measure of our energetic alignment with our true essence. It is not a measure of right or wrong, but one of cause and effect as it relates to how we view life events and conditions.

When we experience emotional pain, that pain is telling us we are excluding and resisting something that we have judged in a negative way. Again, that's not wrong or bad, only an internal message that there is a more inclusive way, a more aligned way, to perceive whatever event or condition is unfolding.

Then, when we feel joy, happiness, love and appreciation, we are being more inclusive in our perception and our energy vibration soars into harmony with our true nature. Understand, we are all extensions of Source Consciousness and Energy. It is our fundamental nature to live in joy and happiness. The human experience is a leading edge of experiential possibilities. Source is exploring through you and I and everyone this amazing and unique environment.

We are not abandoned, and we lose connection only by our own limiting judgment and condemnations. Source remember, is All 'inclusive' (including us). And Observing the process of inclusion/exclusion is a primary step in re-energizing the connection that is ever available to all those who would seek it out.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Star » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:06 pm

Dear WW,

Thank you for taking the time to share some insights/observations with me. I feel this was a result of my last post perhaps having to do with letting go of friends, I don't know. It is really an in depth post that I will have to re-read. NOt that it is difficult but I think what I am wanting to say is that what in particular of my post/s has led to your sharing with me?

I feel this is helpful for me and will continue to reflect on it more.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Star
Star

Postby Star » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:09 pm

Dear WW,

I am also wondering if these posts should be going to another part of the board rather than stay in the introduction? Please advise.

Thank you.
Star

Next

Return to Introductions