Hello Everyone!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello Everyone!

Postby 3dom » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:42 am

Thought I would introduce myself by saying how wonderful it is too be here and that I was attracted too this site by the varied discussions people are sharing and exchanging on the experience of Awareness. Like a lot of people I come from a very dualistic Theistic background which I've had too confront over and over again while living this wonderful experience of the inner being.

It's difficult for many Christians and particularly Bible based ones because nondualism is so foreign too their reading of Scripture and so I appreciate the tremendous struggle some people are going through in order to remain within their very own religious and spiritual 'traditions' as against the tensions that arise from having this 'new found perspective'. This has been my experience and coping with the cognisant dissonance can have significant impacts on the way people will seek to handle the conflict. One of them may be to adandon the beautiful and soulfull experience of Consciousness in order to remain within the accepted norms or else they may abandon their 'traditions' altogether.

I agree with Tollie's sentiments that we need NOT go to either of those extremes - and yet for some of us who continue to harbour the 'Sola Scriptura' principle of Protestantism this calls for a monumental shift in worldviews. The nondualisms evident in Advaita, elements of Sufism, Qabballah and the Tao Te Ching conflicts with the traditional Christian and Islamic Theisms which are fundamentally dualistic. Metaphysics and particularly that which deals with the substance of reality has been something that has pre-occupied for a while now but I think I've profited tremendously from coming to grips with terms like Monism, Dualism, Nondualism, Idealism and Physicalism and the huge influence they have on wordlviews and therefore the way individually people go about interacting and navigating with the world at large. "Dems big words' indeed but at least its allowed me to more consistent reconcile the Biblical data with the power of the present moment.

So there - that's my cup of tea so-to-speak and therefore the level I am at in this wonderful spiritual journey. There are many spiritual groups, people and resources out there that are bringing people into 'Awareness' and a few are also tackling the issues we often confront between the security and the peacefulness of nondual being versus the dualistic and conflicting nature of forms and objects which we otherwise call 'Life'. I have noticed for example on this forum variations of this problem in the experience of some and its good they are finding a place where they can open up for help. Despite all the fanatstic resources out there (and they have their purposes) what often strikes me about people like Eckhardt Tollie is this focus on the inner body or the simple reminder to come back to the simplicity of the breath. The ego as we know it has many levels and for some (as has been my case) it even gets to pretend it is the "enlightened" one itself. For me therefore Tollie's message (as was Krishnamurti's) is simply this - the moment we start to experience resentment, separation and or conflict - then this tells us unequivocably that we are back in ego. The answer is simple no matter what disguises the ego manufactures and what levels in the mind it exploits to stay alive - the light it can not bear and which diminishes its strength day by day lies in the simplicity of the present moment and the gateway to it in the form of the breath.

Peace and Unity and Harmony to all who are here! :-)
"The Eternal Loving Spirit is always drawn to the space we create within" - A Schumacher - www.3domart.com
3dom

Re: Hello Everyone!

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:00 pm

3dom, welcome to the forum. I enjoyed your first post, and look forward to more of your contributions. Enjoy.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:46 am

Hello 3dom, also my welcome & thanks for your post. I love the hands in the position of receiving, nice!

The answer is simple no matter what disguises the ego manufactures and what levels in the mind it exploits to stay alive - the light it can not bear and which diminishes its strength day by day lies in the simplicity of the present moment and the gateway to it in the form of the breath.

Are you creating a distinct duality here or just 'noticing'?

Can it not be okay to enable one's ego to not just survive, but to thrive in a healthy manner within the light and within . For me that the duality exists at a level either of awareness - embraced by the light, or unawareness - ignorant of the light?

A healthy ego is like a healthy immune system, it doesn't over-react, it does its job in harmony with all the other internal bio systems and external ecosystems, and can be seen as the valued and valuable part of the whole that enables expression and experience in individuation.

For me therefore Tollie's message (as was Krishnamurti's) is simply this - the moment we start to experience resentment, separation and or conflict - then this tells us unequivocably that we are back in ego.

Yes, but are we listening? Are we aware, are we capable of hearing it and are we willing to hear it?

And then, how are we responding to this if we hear this?

What can happen at times is that one then experiences resentment, separation and or conflict with and over the experiences and expressions of the ego - which takes us back to the start.

As with all things that are 'simple', simple to .... simple not to.
It is as simple to fall into ego as it is to fall into awareness, yes they create different experiences but these bring the opportunities to see and to know the light. The more contrast the more distinction, the more the distinction the more we recognise the distance between them and the difference in experience between them.

So for me, ego is not something that need be feared or even diminished at all. As with all things, understanding, compassion, acceptance breeds harmony and wisdom and balance.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Thanks Webwanderer

Postby 3dom » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:13 am

Thanks for the warm welcome
"The Eternal Loving Spirit is always drawn to the space we create within" - A Schumacher - www.3domart.com
3dom

Postby 3dom » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:13 am

Hi SmileyJen

Thanks for your post. Yes I agree - the silent witness that takes everything within the field of awareness including ego as just that. End of Story.

Language is dualistic and like all symbols and forms - subject too ambiguity. The open hands in my avatar can mean 'receiving' and they could also mean 'releasing'. Both point to the necessary power of "acceptance". So I prefer to see these hands as meaning both these things.

The simplicity I refer too in terms of Awareness is that it does not require cognitive steps or corrective isms to shift from unconsciouess to that of the witnessing self. There are no explanations, no points of view, no mentoring no guidelines to actualise the shift but the simplicity of the 'breath'.

I do fall in and out of Awareness - so that there are moments when I can see all as one and in harmony - and yet also when - things can be overwhelmingly pluralistic and separative (Language here doesn't help because I am already speaking in terms of time). Nevertheless for me this is not a dicothomy of 'one' and the 'other' but necessarily the two sides of the same coin or aspects of the one and only consciousness. I think this agrees with what you have been saying so that one avoids the dualism.

I think it would be fair to say too that we share a common Monism. But perhaps what I am about to say is all semantics - and I am unfairly making a mountain out of a molehill. While I totally embrace the merits and the power of nondualism I accept also the temporary nature of Dualism and the necessary role forms must play in the expression of the supreme divine as it evolves ultimately back into itself. This is what I hinted at about sticking to the dualistic nature of sola scriptura. Whereas some nondualists may be content to simply rest in Brahman as it expresses itself in playful forms (which is for me also the supreme ideal) - I personally see human beings as evolving agencies that can - despite their level of consciousness - actively engage in the world of forms to express the love, oneness and harmony that derives from the one nondual source. This nondual-dual state of affairs finds expression in those couplet terms Creator-Creation and Being-Becoming. So having therefore a Creation-Becoming perspective like this makes me see amongst other things the necessary basis for qualifiying what is good or evil, true or false, and beautiful or ugly in life. The Ego is for me therefore problematic and the cause of so much suffering. Helping others particularly in the tradition I come from to find resolution through dissolution is one way I can totally express in the Creation the Love of the Creator source. Someone kindly did it for me - and so I willingly desire to do it for others.

OK - smileyJen - I apologise for this epic post. Just hpe it does not come off as crytpic or at worse self agrandising in any way. Just wanting to tell everyone where I come from and that I really strive to see - not what makes me different from other people - but what we have in common.

Many thanks again!
Art
3dom

Postby 3dom » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:58 pm

One more thing smileyJen ... I 4got to add that I am also willing to learn from the thoughts and experiences of others - that's why I am here. 2Day I endorse this view - perhaps tomorrow I will endorse another. I leave it up to the flow of the river. Your questions & your explanations are wonderful - so thank once again.
3dom

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:36 pm

Thanks for the reply 3dom, as soon as I'd hit Submit - I saw the 'receiving' and realised too that releasing was/is the other side of the expression.

It will be interesting to see your responses to the other threads here. Welcome again.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to Introductions