Hi from California

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi from California

Postby mrwilson2012 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:02 pm

Hello,

I'm Mr. Wilson. I've been an Eckhart reader for a little while (Power of Now, New Earth) and also listened to a few of his interviews. One I listened to yesterday was called "Even the Sun Will Die". It was very interesting but so crazy as I'm listening to it and it was recorded on the day of September 11, 2011. The interviewer expected Eckhart to cancel...but as I'm sure you guessed, he moved forward as planned...interesting interview...

Look forward to advancing here...thanks...
mrwilson2012

Re: Hi from California

Postby KathleenBrugger » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:21 am

Hi Mr. Wilson, welcome to the forum. That interview sounds like a must listen, I hadn't heard of it before. Thanks for mentioning it!
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby DavidB » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:44 am

Hi Mr. Wilson,

I love that interview, have listened to it numerous times and love it more every time.

Even the Sun will die, as all things must eventually return to the source, return to where they emerged from, in a sense, returning home.

I hope you enjoy it here and I'm certain that if you continue to listen to Eckhart, you will most definitely advance.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:05 am

Interesting noticing on the date Mr Wilson, does it mean something specific to you?

We all have our perspectives, and those perspectives all feed in from different experiences, thought processing and attachment to them.

eg: when I read 'Mr Wilson' my brain/perspective recognised elements of it that matched some previous 'data', I wondered firstly (because of the California link) are you a Beach Boy? :D then deeper wondering hit on Mr Wilson being the sometimes grouchy neighbour of Dennis the Menace (Hi Mr Wilson, lovely day ain't it :D ), and a little further removed Mr Harold Wilson once occupied 10 Downing Street in London.

After all that settles we open to the 'new information' the 'now' - you are likely none of those and so now I am 'present'.

It's the same with the date, when I Googled it, all that initially came up was the 10th anniversary of the September 11 bombings - it does so because of the US centric nature of Google and the most recent postings on the internet, and leanings towards culturally biased 'news values' - all being a little like 'first thought' in relation to the data.

With no disrespect to the goings on in America at that time, I sought 'relief' from the 2001 overwhelming, myopic perspective that seemed to (but doesn't in actuality) take over the whole world. I looked at other culture's 'news' and found on dear blessed Samoan news that the bombing story was on page three or four where international news sits, be it middle east or us or europe or asian news, and the journalist said it was a terrible thing indeed. When you're on a little island in the middle of the Pacific those places and goings on all seem equally far away. The 'big' front page news of the day there in Apia was the announcement of their Miss Samoa title with most of the article sharing the regret that only one of their beautiful women could be sent to represent them internationally when in fact all of their women are beautiful and a celebration of all that was beautiful (not just the physical) about the women of Samoa.

So, my 'link' to September 11 includes that perspective as well, and as I'd been seeking, it took/takes me out of the myopic and concentrated focus and back to some equilibrium in what 'is'.

You'll see by just this article there are elements of experience weaving in and out and through and around the same sort of 'news values' in all these recorded events from different years.

Other September 11 events from http://mentalfloss.com/article/28730/11

William Wallace defeats forces of the English crown in the Battle of Stirling Bridge.
(This eventually led to the betrayal and demise of Wallace, and that eventually led to Robert the Bruce standing with the common man in Scotland's cause & gaining Scottish Independence, that Wallace wanted so dearly.)
English explorer Henry Hudson sails up a river on the coast of northeastern America aboard the Dutch vessel Halve Maen (Half Moon). In the process he discovers the island of Manhattan.
(This 'discovery' also displaced the indigenous inhabitants and changed the balance of nature forever, wouldn't it be lovely to see 'Manhattan' through Hudson's eyes?

Alexander Hamilton receives his appointment as first secretary of the U.S. Treasury. One of his first acts is to suggest that the federal government assume the debt incurred by the states during the Revolutionary War. He proposes a whiskey tax that inspires a rebellion a few years later—an insurrection he personally accompanies federal troops to stamp out.
(not much has changed has it?)

During the early days of the French Revolution, the Hope Diamond (originally known as the Blue Diamond of the French Crown) is stolen while Louis XVI is under house arrest at the Tuileries Palace. Although rumours abound about what happens to the diamond in the intervening years, it cannot be definitively placed again until 1812. In September of that year it surfaces in London, almost twenty years to the day from its disappearance and two days after a statute of limitations on revolutionary crimes expires. The diamond is hardly as good as new, though; over the course of two decades, someone had lopped the stone in half!
( A diamond thought more precious than all the lives lost in the Revolution?)

In the War of 1812, the Battle of Plattsburgh ends in a decisive American victory. This marks the end of a British invasion into the northern states of the U.S. The redcoats retreat into Canada. The two sides sign a peace treaty in Ghent several months later.
(Just more of the same?)

The Mountain Meadows massacre occurs: Utah residents viciously attack a band of westward-bound settlers from the American South. After several days under siege, the settlers allow several members of the Utah militia inside their defenses. Despite assuring the settlers of their safety, the militia kills over 100 unarmed people. Seventeen children are spared and taken to live with local Mormon families. Controversy continues to this day about whether Brigham Young had a hand in the events.
(? and again?)

The U.S. government breaks ground on construction of the Pentagon.
(Interesting that 60 years later a plane would be crashed into it - and the following entry likely would have been orchestrated from it)

Salvador Allende, a democratically elected president, is overthrown in Chile with the help of the CIA (who disdain his Marxism). Taking his place is General Augusto Pinochet, who becomes known as one of the most malevolent dictators in the history of the Western hemisphere. The event becomes a major blight on the reputation of Henry Kissinger.
(& the US?)

During a game against the San Diego Padres, Pete Rose breaks the record for all-time number of hits with a single to left-center. It is his 4192nd hit, breaking the mark previously set by Ty Cobb. Less than four years later, Major League Baseball bans Rose for betting on games.
(Good ole baseball - a bit like Mary Antoinette's feed the people cake!!)

Independent Council Kenneth Starr releases the infamous Starr Report, which details his investigation into the Whitewater controversy, during the course of which he began investigating President Clinton's sexual impropriety. Remember when our biggest problems were philandering politicians?
(oh and the protestations of innocence!!!)

So, I guess my question would be, why would the engineer 'expect' ET to cancel? Surely there is not a day in all the 365/366 that could not be held either sacred or demonised depending on our perspectives and attachments.

We cannot 'expect' others to view the world through our eyes and experiences and maintain balance.

:wink: As a matter of 'logic', I discounted that you might be a somewhat famous, once marooned basketball :wink: Welcome to the forum Mr Wilson --- I think that neighbourly thing is sticking :D
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby mrwilson2012 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:28 am

Thanks all. Yes it was interesting...

Smileyjen, thanks for the meaningful post!

9/11 felt like it was everything to me at the time. I was a senior in high school and remember that morning more vividly than most memories...

At the time, I was not aware of "presence" and the power it can have. If the same event occurred today, i'd deal with it differently. Certainly wouldn't be as reactive. Maintain presence. "That which you resists persists"...

I'm new to this spiritual stuff. Trying to work on that...
mrwilson2012

Postby sunshinekate » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi Mr. Wilson!
Your introduction caught my eye as I recently signed up to this forum and am moving to L.A. soon. What part of California do you live in? I ask because I really know nothing about the area and wanted to pick someone's brain about places to visit or activities going on that seem to be in line with encouraging awareness and meditative practices. Anyway, it is good to know there are some west coasters on here :) Have a great day!
sunshinekate

Postby dijmart » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:47 pm

Looks like this thread is 9 months old and Mr Wilson has only had the 2 posts that are on this thread, so you may not get a response from him, sunshinekate? But, who knows...
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Return to Introductions