Hi from France

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi from France

Postby rivenfall » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:49 pm

Hi, I'm a software engineer, 24 years old, left-handed, French.

It's been two years now since I've started to read Echkart books and listen to videos.
I've had both my first real girlfriend and job during this period.
I am still very introverted but was even more before.
I am much more conscious about my own feelings and suffering which actually made me more sharp with some people, whereas before I kept my ego for myself.

If you have seen the documentary "Bobby Fischer Against The World", I was a bit like him, very self-centered and unconscious of people's feelings including my own family, focused on an ego-driven limited goal.
I would never make the first step, even with people I already know, favorising solitude.

At work I am almost always calm, present, but ironically, somebody said to me: "don't take it wrong, but you're the most disconnected person I've seen in a long time", after I asked a question (I guess some questions are stupid)
It both made me peacefully smile and activated my defensive mecanisms. Like Echkart says, theses mecanisms are indeed like clockwork

I've got tons of comments like these in my life, and that's one of the reasons why I'm here, and practicing Eckhart's teachings.

"it's amazing, you just can't look at me when I talk to you or when you talk to me", a car saler, not on the job, but studying my behavior anyway
"you couldn't find water in the sea", my dear grandma
"you're like a beached whale", a teacher (was sitting alone instead of close to others)

I respect these people for saying what they think, even if it's right to my face in a room full of people, but man how would Booby Fischer react?

Which nice things to you all!
rivenfall

Re: Hi from France

Postby Onceler » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:37 am

Nice to meet you, Rivenfall. Hopefully you will feel at home here.
"When the fear is gone, the mind becomes much quieter, much less full of things. Thoughts become like a gentle rain rather than a thunderstorm." John Sherman
Onceler

Re: Hi from France

Postby dijmart » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:22 am

Welcome! :D
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Return to Introductions