I want to learn and contribute . . .

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

I want to learn and contribute . . .

Postby susanpeabody » Sat May 07, 2016 10:34 pm

Greetings. I have just recently found Eckhart Tolle and I am mesmerized by his concepts. I am ready to start working on this and applying it to my life. I am also an author. I have been writing self-help books since 1989. I believe in the self-help genre where you take a complicated concept and turn it into something everyone can understand. This goes way back to when Jesus talked in parables because the disciples could not understand him otherwise. Even mothers do this. It is called "baby talk." I digress . . .

I have come to this board to contribute and ask questions. My first question is this: Is writing living in the now? I just want to make sure so I don't get lost at the very beginning. I assume no one is going to judge me if I sound like a novice. I have learned the hard way not to judge myself or others as shame is my number one burden. It's a long story. . .

Namaste (my favorite new word) :)
There is always a brighter tomorrow.
susanpeabody

Re: I want to learn and contribute . . .

Postby kiki » Sun May 08, 2016 4:36 am

Have no fear that writing will prevent you from being present. Any activity, when fully immersed in it, can even bring you to the deep stillness of presence/now. They work hand-in-hand. Creativity is born of stillness; bathe in it and then let the words come. Conversely, write with passion and notice the stillness that underlies it, just waiting to be noticed. It's there always.

Welcome to the forum.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Sighclone » Tue May 10, 2016 7:10 am

Welcome susan!-

And if you have any questions about writing from Stillness about nonduality and many other topics, then read a few of kiki's posts... - just click on his name.
I'm guessing that brightertomorrow is your website...a Berkeley girl!! (I'm only a couple of years older...well maybe four...and spent my undergraduate years at Harvard...)

It's interesting that you have just now resonated with Tolle...but not at all surprising that you would find him very intriguing, being an "inner-hiker" if you will.

"...lost at the beginning..." hmmmmm..... of course no shame or blame (and much thanks to Brene Brown). One challenge "at the beginning" for me was Tolle's rather bold statement that egoic identity is "a false self created by unconscious identification with the mind." I had a big awakening event over eight years ago, but got rather disoriented by trying to figure out what to do with "Andy." I.e. the "little me self" I had presumed that "I was" for so long. But that's just me...and part of my "path/no path."

Of course writing can be anything, including big ego -- "The Art of the Deal" by Donald Trump is an example.

Writing can also lead to wallowing in all kinds of "self-referential internal narrative" -- "do I really deserve to write about yada yada" ... "why is so and so such a better writer than I am?" etc.

I hope you enjoy yourself here!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby susanpeabody » Tue May 10, 2016 9:13 pm

Thank you for the wonderful welcome. I am definitely in the right place. I am going to read over some other posts until God tells me it is time to start my own thread. I love to write. It is my bliss and God has helped me come a long way. These days I seem obsessed with preservation. Taking my cue from God's preservation of the Dead Sea Scrolls, I think this is his will for now. I hope so. I hate it when I veer from the path God wants me on. I have so much to share so I will be back soon.

Susan :)
susanpeabody

Postby susanpeabody » Tue May 10, 2016 10:05 pm

I am not proficient with message boards, but I know a little. I think I was able to edit my profile, pick my preferences, and choose a avatar. Do you have a special forum for writers so I can do some networking? I have neglected creating a way to connect with my peers. I got addicted to teaching and now I need some comfort from getting to know other writers. Thanks. :)
susanpeabody

Postby kiki » Tue May 10, 2016 11:42 pm

susanpeabody, click on "User Control Panel" below the picture of Tolle. You will see a series of tabs for your Profile, Board Preferences, Private Messages, and a couple of others.

Also, there is a button on the bottom of each thread page that will let you "Subscribe" to any particular topic.

Do you have a special forum for writers so I can do some networking?

No.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Return to Introductions