hello from the formless and timeless

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

hello from the formless and timeless

Postby unbescreibar » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:57 pm

good afternoon community,

i have been practicing meditation from some time now which got me into E. Tolle. I find meditation help to slow down the momentum of the mind. I have heard E. Tolle say that regarding enlightenment or awakening, that we shouldn't be too serious about it or look forward too much towards that. I practice qi gong as a way to keep energy fresh. I am looking for ways to be in the present moment.

thanks

kind regards

Jorge
unbescreibar

Re: hello from the formless and timeless

Postby kiki » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:53 am

Welcome to our community, unbescreiber. I salute your meditation and qi gong efforts. Beyond those, I recommend simply paying attention to whatever activity you are doing; immerse yourself in it, and only it. Simple things like washing the dishes, household chores, bathing, walking and so forth become portals to presence.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Re: hello from the formless and timeless

Postby eyogateacher » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:25 am

kiki wrote:Welcome to our community, unbescreiber. I salute your meditation and qi gong efforts. Beyond those, I recommend simply paying attention to whatever activity you are doing; immerse yourself in it, and only it. Simple things like washing the dishes, household chores, bathing, walking and so forth become portals to presence.

That's it . Thanks Kiki for pointing it out . The Buddhist Teacher THICH NHAT HANH also says the same .
eyogateacher

Return to Introductions