Monique from Holland says hello

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Monique from Holland says hello

Postby moniquedepique » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:35 pm

Hello everybody,

My name is Monique and I'm from Holland. I like to believe that my English if fine, but I keep making mistakes at times - mostly phonetic.

A few years ago I bought the Power of Now in a second hand store. Till that time I had a habit of reading books 'too fast'. I'm a reader of a lot of genres, from spirituality to popular science. It took me a year to read the Power of Now. Not because it was difficult (although in some way it was), but because I found that reading a little bit each day was a comfortable pace.

I've read enlightenment literature before: Dhammapada, Toa te Ching and teachings of the buddha. Although I found the Dhammapada illimunating, it was the Power of Now that gave me the clearest insight in the 'enlightenment teachings'. After that I reread other literature like the Bhagavad Gita and the Tao te Ching and noticed that those texts suddenly were much more illuminating and clear to me than before.

The above is off course a detail. Certainly when I compare it with what it did to me in my daily life, but I'll like to skip that for now and stick with a short introduction. Suffice to say that The Power of Now did a lot for me.

Sometimes I find I have questions. Since I live in poverty, going to a retraite is not an option. Till now, my contact with spirituality (besides myself off course) is through literature and youtube. But that is a one-way-street: I cannot ask questions. I hope I can find answers to question that haven't been published yet (on social media or literature).

I think this is it for now. Thanks for reading.
moniquedepique

Re: Monique from Holland says hello

Postby kiki » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Welcome to the community, Monique. Dig through the many threads here and you may find answers to lots of questions you have. We've covered a large variety things through the years, so don't be afraid to dig deep into the many long-abandoned topics from years past. By the way, I have great admiration for Holland and its people. I'd love to visit sometime and tour your country on a bicycle.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby moniquedepique » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Thank you. I'm already digging. There are subjects that touch what I would like to talk about, but replying on a 2 year old topic? Nevertheless, it's interesting and I like what I read so far. It seems there are people here that really take Eckhart's teachings at heart.
moniquedepique

Postby kiki » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:52 am

There are subjects that touch what I would like to talk about, but replying on a 2 year old topic?

Of course, if it's something that is relevant to you. The bulk of my own posts about the nuts and bolts of waking up are buried deep, and we've had many members with great contributions who no longer post, so if they are helpful to you take advantage of those insights, tips, and pointers that others have already contributed. Making them active again can help others who haven't bothered to dig deep.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
kiki

Postby moniquedepique » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:29 am

I fully agree, except for the fact that doing this is no commonplace. Thank you, maybe I'll do that.
moniquedepique

Postby kiki » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:40 am

I fully agree, except for the fact that doing this is no commonplace.

Yes, that's true for most sites, but this one is different. Over the years we have been quite instructional at times, and as a result there are many pointing instructions that are worth reading. Since most people here are looking for assistance in how to wake up I feel they should take advantage of all that's already been addressed by myself and others. That's what my primary focus was in many of my early threads and posts. So instead of "reinventing the wheel" with each new inquiry that's been addressed dozens of times I'd just as soon have people research the board. If you find someone you resonate with then click on their name to take you to a page where you can look at that particular user's posts; the link for that will be in the lower right corner of the screen under "User's Statistics" once you've clicked on their name. You can also try using the site's "Search" engine found in the upper right corner of any page.
---
kiki

Return to Introductions