Victor from Maryland

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
Vpopov81

Victor from Maryland

Post by Vpopov81 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:55 am

Hello humans!

My name is Victor and I'm from Silver Spring maryland originally. I have been living in a mind made hell since about 15 years old and became an isolated loner with a tortured sense of self. At around 19 I 1st decided to go see psychiatrists and floated around on several medicines which helped somewhat then stopped, hopping from Job to job and unable to really interact unless I was on somethin. At around 23 my body started rejecting the medicines and I developed really bad headaches which eventually turned into a full blown nervous system illness. I'm 25 and am still physically ill but I found Eckharts teaching around february this year and it has totally changed my life. My pain-body is also extremely dense but bringing presence into my life has definately started the transmutation process. I have learned so much from my experiences but I definately feel like an alien among people, and though I love them, my ego sabotages everything. I am glad to find a forum where I can be around people who know the truth. Anyway I guess you all should know this but I'll say it anyway, though I have been through these things they in no way describe who I am, but I guess I should mention those things and get em out of the way before little old lighthearted me can surface.

Peace

Victor

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:40 am

Hiya Victor, Peace to you too! :D

Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:06 pm

WOW, I wish I had that disease too! :lol:

Welcome to the place where up is down and down is up :wink:

kiki

Post by kiki » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:55 am

Hello, and welcome. The little me wishes it had discovered what you have at age 25. I spent nearly 30 years in pursuing the "spiritual life" via meditation, chanting, and a whole bunch of other stuff. No more - it's all here right now for the seeing.

jj

Post by jj » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:30 pm

Welcome Victor! Thanks for introducing yourself. I enjoyed reading the above.

When we begining to disidentify with what we feel, it gives us great power. I too live here in the DC metro area. There is a profound suffering here and we can't help but be effected by it. Read my post 'to hell and back again' in the experiences forum here. Cheers, JJ.
Last edited by jj on Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by erict » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:11 pm

Really cool to see someone new introduce himself so openly. Welcome! :)
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."