Hello from Plymouth, UK

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
xkatex

Hello from Plymouth, UK

Post by xkatex » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm an old member that's come back to visit! I got really into this Eckhart Tolle stuff from the age of about 15-18, then abandoned it for a bit and returned to the materials last year at 24.

I think my ego was too afraid to dissolve and a lot of the painful feelings that came up when I was really allowing into presence were too much for me to handle at the time so I pushed them back down and tried to lead a 'normal' life. I've found Adyashanti's teachings really helpful in addressing those overwhelming feelings if that helps anybody else!

I'm not in that beautiful present place all the time, and I still panic about career and money from time to time, but I'm making a new commitment to surrender to the flow of life.

I'm sure it will be lovely to talk with people who are immersed in the teachings again!

Best wishes,
Kate x

kiki

Re: Hello from Plymouth, UK

Post by kiki » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Welcome back, Kate.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

runstrails

Re: Hello from Plymouth, UK

Post by runstrails » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:43 am

Hi Kate,
Welcome back! Since you started with these teachings as a teenager, I'm curious as to how much benefit you got out of them. And yes, I can imagine at that young age, life is more about trying to figure things out.
Enjoy the forum, rt