Hello!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
Dbabiii

Hello!

Post by Dbabiii » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:16 pm

I am a recovering alcoholic and addict. 69 days sober today. I got out of a residential treatment center a week ago. While I was in there my Father gifted me “The Power of Now”, I read it slowly so that I could absorb all of had to offer. My thinking has been changed drastically, I realize I have been asleep for the better part of 10 years in my addictions. I am 24. I see the Oneness and am excited to interact with others who are coming awake as well.

Webwanderer

Re: Hello!

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:52 pm

Welcome to the forum. Explore a bit and join in.

WW

Dcdc

Post by Dcdc » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:32 pm

Dbabiii wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:16 pm
I am a recovering alcoholic and addict. 69 days sober today. I got out of a residential treatment center a week ago. While I was in there my Father gifted me “The Power of Now”, I read it slowly so that I could absorb all of had to offer. My thinking has been changed drastically, I realize I have been asleep for the better part of 10 years in my addictions. I am 24. I see the Oneness and am excited to interact with others who are coming awake as well.
Hello, my friend. You'll benefit yourself and benefit others with this practice. Enjoy the practice. :- )

kiki

Post by kiki » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:39 am

Welcome to the forum. At one time we had a member here who woke up and now works with those with addictions using the same principles that Tolle speaks of. His name is Scott Kiloby. Scott was also addicted to alcohol, so he is well versed in the issues you are facing, and he's developed a methodology of working with others with addictions of various kinds. Here is his website:

https://kiloby.com

Edited to add: There are youtube videos of Scott, and here is one where he talks specifically about nonduality (the underpinning of Tolle's teaching) and addiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9mMoWY ... gs=pl%2Cwn
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---