Hi

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi

Postby lakeswimr » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:38 pm

I'm Lisa and happy to be here. It looks like you have had a lot of interesting threads and I look forward to reading through more of them and to participating. I heard of this forum from Kiki, who I "met" at The Power of Now MSN message board, where I post with the same screen name.

I heard of Eckhart Tolle about 1 1/2 years ago after being really into several of Dr. Wayne Dyer's more recent books, especially 'There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem.' I actually read 'Stillness Speaks' first for some reason and *loved* it. It made a lot of sense to me. Then I read TPON and I felt it was the first spiritual book I read where I didn't hear any trace of ego coming through the writing. Usually I read a book and may agree with as much as 99% of it but there is always that little bit of ego from the author messing up a bit of it for me. TPON was different. I felt it was Truth and was thrilled to have found it.

I found myself going back and forth reading/listening to Tolle and being more attracted to Sanaya Roman/Orin books which are about manifesting positive, loving things. I have for months now been into Tolle again and similar/like-minded authors such as Gangagi ('The Diamond in your Pocket') and Byron Katie's two books. I'm reading her recent one now and it is wonderful--all about being true to oneself, being present, accepting reality, breaking up pain body.

I have a lot less pain body now than I did when I was first reading Tolle and I'm very thankful for that. I'm present more and more. :)

I had a lot of questions when I first read TPON and right now I don't have so many but it is good to see a place where I can discuss things of this nature.

:)

Lisa
lakeswimr

Postby heidi » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:43 am

Hi Lisa - I remember you! So glad you've joined us :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby summer » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:34 pm

Hi Lisa,
I am glad that you have joined us, and livened this place up a bit :D

There is a lot of valuable information and insights in this website. And thanks to you, I reread some of the older posts today and said "WOW! This is cool stuff"

Welcome friend.
summer

Postby kiki » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:45 pm

Hi Lisa,

Let me add my welcome to the others. You will find some very friendly folks here. I too found Gangaji, and feel that she speaks/writes from presence. Byron Katie is also very good. Another very powerful pointer to the truth that you are is Adyashanti (not sure if I mentioned him to you before).

Glad to hear that the questions are fading away. Whenever you find yourself troubled by questions, though, the best thing to "do" is question the questioner. This will turn awareness back onto itself. Everything is resolved through and by awareness.

My best to you,
kiki
kiki

Postby lakeswimr » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:40 pm

Thank you for the welcome.

I remember you, too, Heidi. :)

Summer, glad I could give you those new person goggles. :)

Kiki, thanks for the recommendation on Adyashanti. I had actually recently noticed a book by Adyashanti on Amazon and thought the titel sounded good and that the contect looked interesting.

I liked your advice on questioning the questioner and turning awareness back in on itself. Thank you.
lakeswimr

Return to Introductions