Hello from Arizona

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello from Arizona

Postby Lydiane » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:56 am

Lovely site! I live in Arizona, USA and discovered The Power of Now about 18 months ago. It has truly changed my life; however, now that sadness is surrounding me, it is much more difficult to stay centered. I am also dealing with an aging mother who can find no peace in her life and I find it very difficult to encourage her. I will look at other forums and post again with more specific situations. Thank you all for being here.
Peace be with you
Lydiane

Postby heidi » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:19 pm

Welcome Lydia - Glad you've joined us. Yes, using PON when the going gets rough is where we really understand the value of presence.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby lakeswimr » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:46 pm

Welcome!

I find it helpful to observe my mind and emotions and pain body in difficult experiences like what you described. I may not be able to do so as much as when things are going "well" but I think that makes it more effective, too. Even if you can be present for short times it will be good.

:)
lakeswimr

Letting go of the pain

Postby Lydiane » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:51 pm

Thank you for your words of welcome and encouragement. Situations in my life have weighed so heavily the last month or so. I have managed to observe myself just enough to realize I am in a depressed state of mind. I mean, I knew I was sad but I am beyond sad now.

Observing my pain body does lighten the depression for a moment but there is something weirdly comforting about being depressed. I know it's a mind trick but it's more easily recognized than overcome.

I do make every effort to DO SOMETHING about issues when possible and I do try to let go of those things I cannot change but there lies my problem.

I hope it's alright to be specific and maybe it will help me sort things out to write it down. My daughter and I have always been exceptionally close. It may sound off-the-wall to some people but...there is evidence that she was actually my twin in utero but she did not flourish and died unknown to our/my mother.

She has recently had to move to another state to pursue her graduate degree and I find it more and more difficult to cope with her absence.

ANY suggestions on how I can "let this go" will be very much appreciated.

Lyddie
Peace be with you
Lydiane

Return to Introductions