Just Me

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Just Me

Postby DAKO » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:52 pm

Hello Everyone,

Recently I have read PON and found this site after wondering about the effects the words had on the souls of others.

Being a Native American, I was very pleased to read the great similarities between what I have been taught from childhood and what is unfolding before us now.
DAKO

Postby heidi » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:47 pm

Welcome here, Dako :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby grant » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:04 pm

Hallo Dako. The words have definately had a positive effect on me. His books and cd's have made it possible to live my life how I kinda always knew I should and could, rather than how I was made to think and feel I should! There are many people saying similar things to Eckhart. He just explains it better.
They should make it compulsery reading in schools.
grant

Postby summer » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:03 am

Hi Dako,
I would love to hear more about the teachings that you have recieved being a Native American.

I find Eckhart's words are so gentle, even when he is speaking about some unpleasant things. And his voice......ahhhh......like music to my soul.
summer

Childhood Teachings

Postby DAKO » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:25 pm

Thanks to everyone for the welcome.

I enjoyed PON and how it teaches the connectiveness with ALL. As a small child, I was taught to go into the stillness where the "Great One" could be found and all knowing came from. I came to realize the connection between all that exists and the humbleness that comes from the peace.

Unfortunately, in my teen years I entered main stream society and had to struggle not to allow my mind to take control in its attempts to rationalize away what I knew inside. A great lesson for me. It allowed me to feel compassion for those who where attempting to find their truth in a culture created to obscure the path.

Every moment I continue to learn and grow and I look forward to the lessons each one of you has to offer me.
DAKO

Return to Introductions