Hi From Northern California

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi From Northern California

Postby spatialbean » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:44 am

Hi,

My name is Claudia and I live about one hour north of Sacramento in California. I'm 48 and single. I have been in this area almost 4 years and read PON for the first time shortly after I got here. I didn't get much out of the first go around, but the second time some months later got my attention.

Like someone else mentioned, for me Tolle's way seems to be the last way. It's like the last spiritual book you will ever need. All the pages are dog eared, there is something to learn in every word.

Thanks everyone for being here, I have enjoyed reading the posts and look forward to getting to know you all.

Claudia
spatialbean

Welcome

Postby DAKO » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:30 pm

I like your user name. Welcome
DAKO

thanks

Postby spatialbean » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:37 am

Hi Dako, thanks. I see you are a newbie too, so welcome to you as well! :)
spatialbean

Postby kiki » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:46 pm

Hello Claudia, and welcome. Just wanted to mention that at one time (1980) I lived in Santa Cruz - beautiful area.
kiki

Hi Kiki

Postby spatialbean » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:55 pm

Santa Cruz is gorgeous! I'm near Grass Valley in a little tiny town called Penn Valley. I landed here by "accident" kicking and screaming the entire way, no way could I live outside of the bay area! Nonsense! Now, I absolutely love it and our four way stop sign is way too much traffic for me.

Are you still in California?

Claudia
Last edited by spatialbean on Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spatialbean

Postby kiki » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:16 pm

Hello again Claudia,

No, I no longer live in California. I am in northern Wisconsin now, my home state. I was in Santa Cruz to study wholistic health techniques (massage, polarity, reflexology) and to investigate the spiritual scene - I returned here in 1981.

I have many fond memories of Santa Cruz, though, and the friends that I met there. It helps to have the movie Sudden Impact, directed and starred in by Clint Eastwood, to bring it back to me. Many of the scenes were filmed there and I recognize lots of shots - one was filmed only a couple of blocks from where I lived. The downtown area was featured in one particular scene, so that was fun because I spent a lot of time there. The Boardwalk and beaches were also featured in the movie, and I used to go there frequently as well.

Another place I use to go to just outside of Santa Cruz was a redwood forest - simply spectacular. There was one particular redwood that was hollowed out due to a fire caused by a lightning strike many many years ago. The entrance to the inside was about 3 feet high - after crawling through it there was a bench constructed around the inside perimeter, allowing many people to sit. One of my favorite things to do was to sit inside this tree alone and meditate because of the darkness and silence there. How many people can say that they have meditated inside a tree?

Just outside of town are the mountains where the epicenter of the 1982 (?) earthquate was. In these mountains was a little ashram which I would visit each night to chant and meditate. It was from this ashram that I was first exposed to shaktipat initiation, the awakening of the dormant kundalini energy that lies at the base of the spine. That seems like another lifetime when I think back to it now.

Another place I enjoyed going to was Carmel, just a few miles away. This is the town where Eastwood became mayor at one time. There was a little cafe there which I really enjoyed and which Doris Day used to frequent, but I never got a chance to meet her. With its many art galleries, gorgeous scenery, and spectacular beaches Carmel is truly a rare jewel.

Thanks for the prompt in revisiting some pleasant memories. Maybe I'll get a chance to return there some day. It seems to be a magnet for all things spiritual. I've come across several teachers of awakening who are living and teaching there.

My best to you,

kiki
kiki

Return to Introductions