Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

How old are you?

13-18
5%
19-25
21%
26-35
24%
36-45
19%
46-55
19%
56-65
10%
66-75
3%
76- ...
0%

Total votes : 566

Re: Age

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:09 pm

EckarTolle wrote:Don't mean to start a new topic, but does happiness diminish with age?

Age is irrelevant to happiness. What determines happiness is focus of attention. If you focus on matters that cause you pain, you are more likely to create unhappiness in your life. If you focus on matters that make you feel uplifted, you are more likely to create happiness in your life.

Age is merely the amount of years in which the opportunity for clarity and awakening, growth and evolution, has been available. Know this: it's never the wrong time to start focusing on the value in life. It's never the right time to condemn and judge. Life is a grand creative opportunity. Make the best of it.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby karthikeyank » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Enlightenment depends not on Age.No Master believe in ages.
Only Now is Important.
karthikeyank

Postby love the magic » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:41 am

Eckhart
It shouldn't matter, of course. But if you are young, you have a natural inclination to think you have a lot of time to figure life out. You may even find the pursuit entertaining, as much as anything else. Of course, the time goes flying by without your gaining the wisdom you'd imagined.
However, when you see the horizon coming, it seems natural the inquiry and search be stronger, as is suggested in Hinduism and in Tibetan Buddhism. And that's why it's .. disappointing(?) that there aren't more older people here.
love the magic

Postby rideforever » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:14 pm

"Joe Louis is one hundred and thirty-seven years old !"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il9jJObx7FE
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:13 pm

but does happiness diminish with age?

If you focus on matters that cause you pain, you are more likely to create unhappiness in your life. If you focus on matters that make you feel uplifted, you are more likely to create happiness in your life.

With age (hopefully) comes wisdom. An ancient soul in a wonderful trilogy called The Ancient Future by Traci Harding says "Wisdom is knowledge, gained by experience, and implemented with love".

It's one of those yummy things you can only know from the inside and from experiencing it. It can be done from the cradle to the grave. Allowing yourself to experience in clarity and in love rather than fear, allows you to soar with life regardless of the circumstances of the opportunities.

Being willing to experience fully and with love, rather than resist what is, is eternally available regardless of age.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby rideforever » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Nobody like Eddy Murphy 'round here ????
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Taylor-C » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:35 am

20 :)
Taylor-C

Postby DavidB » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:44 pm

This body is 43.

I'm actually quite surprised to see the ages here, I had assumed that the majority of people here would be older, post 40. A pleasant surprise. :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby love the magic » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:48 am

David B.

I don't really see it as a good indication.
As we get older and approach death, we should be looking at things even more seriously.
By equation, it could mean many young(ish) people could be here for entertainment and intellectual stimulation, then fall away as they get older.
I'm 66, by the way. Am concerned as always, since my late 20s.
love the magic

Postby ZenDrumming » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm 24. I feel like every year that passes brings me closer to the truth.
ZenDrumming

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:29 pm

love the magic wrote:As we get older and approach death, we should be looking at things even more seriously.

Life is entirely too important to be taken seriously. :D

By equation, it could mean many young(ish) people could be here for entertainment and intellectual stimulation, then fall away as they get older.
I'm 66, by the way. Am concerned as always, since my late 20s.

It's hard to put the Genie back in the bottle once he's breathed the free fresh air. I'm 62 and since my early 20's an interest in the true nature of being has never left me alone. Life has a way of reminding us of the insights we've gained.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby love the magic » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:11 am

Webwanderer
I meant "serious" in the sense of "deep consideration". Isn't that why you're on this board?
And you're 62, I'm 66. The very age group that re-emphasised mysticism in the west.
Why aren't they here is what I'm saying.
love the magic

Postby Ropetrick » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi Everybody-I'm Ropetrick from Mumbai, India -I am 78 years young and have just joined your community-Looking forward to some real spiritual churning and sharing thoughts from the Orient with all of u
Ropetrick

Postby kiki » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Great to have you here, Ropetrick. Looks like you are our senior member here - congratulations. I'm 61 myself.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby AlohaFriends » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Aloha, from Honolulu. 63 yo female. I have, for over 10yrs, been reading and rereading ET's and other related books in spiritual health. Immensely enjoy it and bask in this mental paradise daily.

Kiki moderator, i can't find anything to click for posting a photo above my user's name. Thank you.

Julie
AlohaFriends

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions