Hi everyone

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi everyone

Postby kiki » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:59 pm

I just discovered this site through the other nonofficial site. After I post a few times you will probably figure out who I am on that site.

kiki
kiki

Postby heidi » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:50 pm

Hi Kiki - Glad you're here.
You said "After I post a few times you will probably figure out who I am on that site. "
Why don't you just tell us? :?:
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:15 pm

Hi Heidi,

I'm AlwaysNow2

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:45 pm

Thanks! Now I don't have to be scratching my head and wondering, trying to solve a mystery. :D
So glad you're here, and we look forward, ha, to having some enlightening discussions.

Postby heidi » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:46 pm

opps, that was me. I forgot to log in. :?
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Re: Hi everyone

Postby snowheight » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:52 am

Lookin' good kikisan :) ... definitely what I had envisioned.

Welcome to the forum.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby kiki » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Lookin' good kikisan :) ... definitely what I had envisioned.

You'd be surprised by how many have thought I am female, but I assure everyone that that's me in my avatar, which I finally got around to using.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Natalie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:25 am

kiki:

Was there supposed to be a link in your first post to his thread? What new site have you discovered?

Also, I am unable to upload a new avatar pic to this forum. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I wanted my new avatar to show the 18 pounds I've lost as I prepare for my upcoming bike ride through Spain's Pyrenees.... egoic move....i know......... :D
Natalie

Postby Natalie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:25 am

I got the avatar pic to work. It is smaller than what I set it to be but it's fine.
Natalie

Postby kiki » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:03 am

kiki:

Was there supposed to be a link in your first post to his thread?

No - that site is long defunct.

When is your bike ride, and how long will it be? I'll bet it will be spectacular. Wish I could do something like that - take photos and post them here. And congratulations on you weight loss - you look great!
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
kiki

Postby Natalie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:02 am

Thanks kiki, My bike tour is the second week in September. It’s a 10 day trip, but I will only cycle the last 200 km of the pilgrimage route. We’ll average 35km a day for 6 days. Shirley McClain wrote a book called El Camino, where she describes her pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela (Way of St. James). A movie by Martin Sheen came out on DVD recently about this same pilgrimage and I hear it’s excellent.

( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441912/ )

I will definitely post pics.

Snowheight, I like your new avatar……you handsome you.
Natalie
Natalie

Postby kiki » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:08 am

Just curious, Natalie; will you be taking your own bike or renting something once you get there? It sounds like a lot of fun - 35 km a day isn't too far, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.
---
kiki

Postby Natalie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:23 am

Kiki
I'll be renting my bike at the French/Spanish border , then paying the tour company a small fee to ship it back to the point of origin. American airlines charge an arm and a leg to ship a bike, an so does Iberia , the Spanish airline we will be using. My brother in law is shipping his in pieces, in a box, a month before the trip, and his wife is shipping just her bike seat. I am taking two gel seats in my carry on and hoping for the best. A minivan/first aid follows the bike riders, so I can always abdicate, although i will give it my all. You are right, 35km a day isnt too bad. I am averaging that per week now. Somehow I know I will be ok.
Natalie

Postby runstrails » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:52 am

Sounds like a great trip that you have planned, Natalie! I visited Santiago de Compostela a long time ago (only walked the last part to the cathedral). Its very inspiring as I recall. One of my friends walked the whole way (or most of it) and said it was an amazing experience. Especially meeting with the other pilgrims on the way. Be sure to post pictures and updates. All the best with your training too.
runstrails

Postby Sighclone » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:20 am

Nice pics of everyone -- guess I need to step up. Oh well.

Natalie -

I'm not so sure about the ego piece to having a trim body and appreciating that. Oprah recently claimed to have discovered her ego, thanks to Eckhart and ran a piece on her weight-loss deal in 1988, now claiming that was pure ego...and that she would not go to a party two weeks later because she was too fat. Yeah, probably ego.

But categorically?? I think it is all a question of "identifying with" something in form...a car, a pair of shoes, a beach house, your body, etc. If you are way too fat, your body tells you that in many ways: its message is "Hey, what is this all about? Why are you neglecting this single piece of the universe you independently control every day? You wash your car and vacuum your carpet...why not take care of me. I will reward you with energy, and a lean trim appearance you may find more appealing."

I think we honor the gift of our body when we feed and care for it correctly. I do agree that it is very easy to identify with the body and thereby fortify the ego. But not all "little me" self-care is narcissism.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Next

Return to Introductions