greetings from near the bottom of the earth !!!!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
proudlybeing

greetings from near the bottom of the earth !!!!

Post by proudlybeing » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:00 pm

Hello all, this is my first attempt at this sort of thing so please bare with me :wink: i am a 37 y.o male from Tasmania (Australia), who has been living this whole 'power of now' concept for many years, I however had no idea what it was i was living, or why i was 'being' who I was, and in fact felt somewhat isolated from from mainstream society because of it.
(here is the familar bit for many of you) When i was 19 i was given 2 weeks to live because of a brain tumor, (about the size of a tennis ball, yep that hurt), but of course i have beaten that totally now, this was my awakening.
I had always considered (or maybe known is a better word) that all on this earth is equal and indeed one. and therefore had total compassion and empathy for all of life, (i am the take the spider and fly outside kinda guy), I have for many years believed that human consciousness was a 'disease' that would probably be responsible for the destruction of mankind and a lot more. I used to say these sorts of things to people, as well as many of the things that E.T speaks of in t.p.o.n. not always as well articulated of course, but the message was the same in most cases.
For this reason, most people that i spoke to about these issues, (i never preached these ideas, I hope) , thought I was quite mad, and at times so did I, but to me it just 'was how i saw it'. I had always been the willing helper and the 'go to guy' when people had problems etc.
I was introduced to t.p.o.n by a marriage counciler, who after hearing the way i spoke and the things that i had managed to help my (now x) wife achieve, and my general outlook on life, said "there is a book i am reading which i think you should read" and she told me the title. which of course i promptly forgot, then recently when i took a friend of mine to a major city hospital, i had a little time to kill so i went into a bookstore, and here sitting on a shelf, by itself, was this glowing green book, it just radiated at me , so i read the title, 'the power of now' , oh i thought thats that book that the counciler had mentioned, so i went to pick it up off the shelf, and hello, it was not by itself at all, in fact it was almost as if it was hiding and waiting for me to adopt it, it was the first of many powerful moments since. It has been the most profound experience of my life, it ties everything together, it makes too much sense now, reading the question answer format for me was i guess different to most other people, because i think that 90 % of what E.T speaks of . I had been living without knowing it . my physcologist / counciler now is asking me to explain aspects of the book to her because she can see that i am living it. now i have never meditated, or really done any of the suggested things to attain 'being' or 'enlightenment' if thats what this is, so the concept of now doing these things is pretty scary for me as to where it leads, because if it has a compounding effect, of growth, who knows whats in store for me ? all i do know is that it is a journey which I must complete.
I would love to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience to this, or indeed all others as well, so i will spend a lot of time on this site i feel from now on, I hope you find yourselves at peace
and may your god bless. :lol:
My heart (and being) felt thanks to the force(es) than bring me to share this site and journey with you all.

kiki

Post by kiki » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:07 pm

First off, welcome to the board. Secondly, what a great story! There aren't many that I know of who have had what ET is pointing to and then finding the book. We all have different perspectives on all of this but yours is unique in an entirely different way. It just goes to show that you don't have to meditate or do anything exotic. Something, however, shifts so that things are looked at in an entirely different way.

I look forward to your contributions to the board, and thanks for sharing.

kiki

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:02 pm

Welcome proudlybeing, I too enjoyed your story.

Of course the fear you speak of, of where growth may lead, is but the self-sense of being separate from that greater understanding, expressing concern about its continued existance or ultimate demise.

Nice to have you present. We look foward to your contributions.

poison ivy

Post by poison ivy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:26 am

wow, proudlybeing, what a wonderful story! thank you for sharing it.

it's often the case, isn't it, that enlightenment can come from personal trauma? from the sense that surrender is the only reasonable option? i do not know of a single person who came into enlightened living just casually. when my trauma began, a friend told me about the power of now, and listening to the tapes day and night was practically the only reason i survived sane and grounded.

i was listening to a caroline myss CD today. she was talking about how we fear the life ahead, as we move more deeply into awareness, how we fear how our lives will change and what will be asked of us...

which reminds me of this quote (you may recognize the author from A Course in Miracles):

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, Talented, fabulous? Actually,who are you not to be? You are a child of God.” - Marianne Williamson

i hope i'm on target in understanding what you've posted.
best of luck on your journey, wise one!

Lozza

Post by Lozza » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:45 am

Yeah great story proudlybeing....enjoyed it. I had a similar thing happen to me with a book, it was if something pulled me into the book shop (had no intention of going in) right to the exact book, I bought it without hesitation, there were thing in there that I guess I had to know about. The book was The Art of Dreaming by Carlos Castaneta....Go figure

proudlybeing

thankyou for the welcomes.

Post by proudlybeing » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:37 am

I would just like to say thankyou for all who have replied to my intro, (although i have sent p.m s as well) . Congratulations to the creators of this site, as a newby to this sort of thing, I am finding it very computer illiterate friendly, this is great for me.
This place feels like home, the whole E.T concept just resonates with me
and is like a freight- train of peace to my soul. This site (in one night of limited exploration) has made me feel so much more comfortable with myself, simply because there is understanding out there for how i have been living my life. and of course i am learning more about it myself.
I am a simple man, not at all an intellectual, the teachings of E.T are somehow just well, me. I am not putting myself above anyone, or anything, but now that i am learning to embrace this more, it is so liberating !!!. if I was asked to give comment on the overall concept to anyone who has reservations or is finding it hard to embrace or put into action, the only thing I can suggest is to give the whole concept a chance to work for you, because of my unusual situation, I of course can-not of give any advice on how to make it happen for you, Allow E.T and the many wise people on this site help you with your journey, be patient,
it is sooooo worth it bless you all.
My heart (and being) felt thanks to the force(es) than bring me to share this site and journey with you all.

kiki

Post by kiki » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:40 pm

proudlybeing wrote:...the teachings of E.T are somehow just well, me.
When words, as much as they can, align so closely with Being (because they come so directly from it) one cannot help but feel they come from oneself because that Being IS your very Self recognizing itself in an "other".

proudlybeing

re quote

Post by proudlybeing » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:56 pm

When words, as much as they can, align so closely with Being (because they come so directly from it) one cannot help but feel they come from oneself because that Being IS your very Self recognizing itself in an "other".
beautiful, thankyou