New member says hello

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
Goldenflutist

New member says hello

Post by Goldenflutist » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:48 am

HI,

I'm Tiff and I have just recently discovered Eckhart and his teachings. I have just about every book he wrote on an MP3 player and I listen to them everytime I take my Lab out for a walk. I also have 2 of his DVD's. I love his message and want to be linked to like minded people. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

proudlybeing

welcome

Post by proudlybeing » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:10 am

Welcome to your new home, Goldenflutist !
I am a fairly new member to this site too, but it os a great place to meet 'like minded people' as you say.

I call this place ' a service station for the soul ' call in any time for a top up :) we look forward to your posts !

bless you and all around you.
My heart (and being) felt thanks to the force(es) than bring me to share this site and journey with you all.

Goldenflutist

Post by Goldenflutist » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:16 am

Dear proudlybeing,

Thank you so much for the kind response. I must admit I go a little upset with some of the negative stuff I saw while browsing around, like ET is a crackpot and that sort of rubbish. I sure hope I can add to the joy I now feel through his books here on this site. I need to make some friends I can communicate with regularly but don't really know how to get that started. Have you made many friends?

bless to you and yours as well,
Tiff

kiki

Post by kiki » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:43 am

Welcome to the board, Goldenflutist - I'm glad you found us and hope you find some friends here; I know I have. I look forward to your contributions. :D

kiki

proudlybeing

Post by proudlybeing » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:45 am

Hi again Tiff,
Yes there is some negative stuff here, but various views are good, and sometimes can even, help clarify our own positions a little.
the overwhelming majority of people here are just wonderfull and
one thing that i have learned here (this is site is my first ever attempt at forums etc) is that sometimes its hard to totaly understand the context in which people write, sometimes people who have had many posts between each other, know the other person well, and from the outside, the conversation and context can get confused.

As for meeting friends here, absolutely, the short time I have been here , i feel i have connected with many beautiful souls !!

I suspect that you have the most enlightened Labrador in
your area he he he ( perhaps an earpiece for your pet
might be the go too. ! ) :lol:
My heart (and being) felt thanks to the force(es) than bring me to share this site and journey with you all.

Goldenflutist

The dog was enlightened before I was!

Post by Goldenflutist » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:04 am

Hi Proudly...

I am hoping I have good experiences in here. I have tried for years to find enlightenment through the Christian faith. I didn't understand why I did not have joy and experienced so much anxiety and guilt. I now know and have been made free by ET's teachings. As far as Dutch, my Lab goes, I have a new relationship with him because I see him differently than I did before. I connect with him on a spiritual level because I see us as having the same essence, but just in different forms. I also know that his essense will never die. I love those thoughts and have been so blessed my new experiences since I have inundated my mind with these books. Do you have anything enlightening you would like to share?

Goldenflutist :wink:

proudlybeing

Post by proudlybeing » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:38 am

Enlightening to share ? wow theres a question !! he he
My own enlightenment follows a somewhat different path to many others,
but also many simularities once it had happened, but I am only becoming aware of the shift, and when it happened and the changes that it made, since recently being introduced to E.T's t.p.o.n.
i feel that i have been living it, but struggled with understanding why i was as i was, or more correctly am. E.T's words were the glue that was needed to bring it all together, i am now just starting on a 'a new earth'
(book), and will read all of his other works asap.

Give butch a pat for me (who's a lucky little boy then ?) he he

I empathise with your lack of progress re christianity, for me the constant references to evil , violence sin and the constant judging of others that goes with it just turn me off, and
I consider the law of attraction comes into play here, we get what we think about, so for me, focusing on these elements is counterproductive.
I can't even watch tv much anymore because of the violence etc.
this sometimes can be a little problem when I go to visit people who
love to watch these movies etc, because i feel so uncomfortable, but i am learning to shut off and just concentrate on the people i'm with as much as possible.

As I'm sure you now know, once you learn to 'feel god' within, a lot of the
confusion just melts away,
keep smiling 8) P.B

kiki

Post by kiki » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:46 am

Goldenflutist wrote: I need to make some friends I can communicate with regularly but don't really know how to get that started.
I think you've made a pretty good start.
k

Goldenflutist

A New Earth

Post by Goldenflutist » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:49 am

I will stop bothering you after this post, but I wanted to tell you that I have already read A New Earth and it is brilliant. It is the book that meant the most to me. I loved the reference to the Sufi poet who wrote, "I am a hole in a flute that the christ's breath moves through, listen to this music" Isn't that beautiful. I am also very glad to here someone else voice their feelings about the Christian faith being so focused on the negative, and has such a horrifying history of violence. No religion with that kind of history could have understood Jesus' messages the way E.T. translates them. I now feel like I can put all the pieces together and live a life of inner peace without attaching it to some kind of formal religion. Thank you so much for writing to me. I am grateful for your kindness. Of couse we are both part of a beautiful whole and we see that in each other. I will give Dutch a hug for you. :P

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:51 am

Welcome Goldenflutist,

We are happy to have you here. But where else is there to be but here? Check out some of the existing threads. There is much of value within them. Share your thoughts and your insights, we encourage your participation.

We are a world wide community of people who share the experience of awakening to that which is. Enjoy...

proudlybeing

bothering ? not likely, !

Post by proudlybeing » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:11 am

Wow what a great reference for you being a flutist (did i get that right?)
it just goes to show the power that this universe provides. (no coincidence here). And as for bothering? , never gonna happen !!!!
you are refreshing , not bothering !. all good .
However , i must log off as the material world is calling, so i best go and keep the wolves from the door, its midday here in the downunder, so I had better get some work done.
I look forward to keeping in contact with you, and reading your posts around the boards ! i am even more keen now to read a.n.e , and i will watch out for your reference.
this world exists because of you P.B

proudlybeing

oops !

Post by proudlybeing » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:17 am

Please also apologise to DUTCH for me , geez i'm hopeless with names in person, i didn't realise that it extended to written ones too ! :oops:

eseward

Post by eseward » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:04 pm

Welcome, Goldenflutist. Glad you found us. A pleasure to meet you. :)

Goldenflutist

Thank you

Post by Goldenflutist » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:36 pm

Thank you so much for the greeting. I have already found some interesting things in here, like Eckhart taking his name from a 12th century mystic with the same first name who also had the same kind of message. It is nice that Mr. Tolle brought it into the 21st century for the rest of us.

Have several lovely Now's today! :)

Tiff
A dog's eyes reflect the innocence and beauty of nature.

suraj

Post by suraj » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:17 am

Even I was very impressed with that Sufi couplet by Hafiz. Sufis were basically Muslims . Did he really use the word 'Christ' or was it added in the English transalation ? Just a little curious. The intent of the couplet , whatever I have understood is simply mindblowing.
I AM