Hi...1st Post.

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
sparks

Hi...1st Post.

Post by sparks » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:00 pm

Hi. Nice place you have here.

I've been reading here off and on for a couple of months and finally decided to join. There's a lot of good stuff on this board and I hope I can contribute something worthwhile, or at the very least quote someone who knows what they're talking about.

Eseward and I have known each other for years and have had many Vernon Howard related discussions, so I'll apologize in advance for any strangeness we might cause in that department. :D He once told me about a newly released book called The Power of Now, and used to quote lots of good stuff by a guy named Smothermon. Since then, I've also read teachings by Burt Harding, Byron Katie (The Work), and David Deida, and incorporated them into my practice. Hopefully this list will help you all understand where I'm coming from and who I'm quoting and such.

Ok, I think that's a good enough introduction for now. :D

kiki

Post by kiki » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:16 pm

Welcome to the board, sparks.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:56 pm

Yes, welcome sparks. You're in good company with eseward. We look forward to your contributions.

eseward

Post by eseward » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:21 pm

Good to see you here, sparks. You are a dear friend. So how's the wife doing? :)

sparks

Post by sparks » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:38 am

Thanks for the welcome. I've been reading so many other threads that I forgot about this one until I got an email today.

Hey E., I didn't see you post for a few days and thought maybe that monster sized dog of yours finally chewed through the PC cables. Glad to see you're still online.

The wife's doing good...as Vernon Howard says:
"There are 5 ways to understand a woman, but no one knows what they are."

I've learned to take the flying cookware as a sign that I'm wrong about something...you know, usual marriage stuff. :mrgreen:

suraj

Post by suraj » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:46 am

The wife's doing good...as Vernon Howard says:
"There are 5 ways to understand a woman, but no one knows what they are."

I've learned to take the flying cookware as a sign that I'm wrong about something...you know, usual marriage stuff. Mr. Green
:)
I AM

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by erict » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:56 pm

I'm glad you enjoy this place. None of this would be possible without our wonderful moderators :)
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

sparks

Post by sparks » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:46 pm

erict wrote:I'm glad you enjoy this place. None of this would be possible without our wonderful moderators :)
This is a nice place and the folks who administer and moderate are doing a great job. :D

Now let's see how long it takes for our wonderful moderators to say something nice about our wonderful site-admin. :wink:

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:28 pm

Okay I win,

Our admin is responsible for the existance of this forum. Without his forsight and effort in creating this site, this opportunity to explore one's essence with those of simialar interests would not exist.

Many of us, at this early stage in world wide awakening consciousness, know few, if any, in our local groups willing to explore the nature of being. This site makes that exploration and exchange possible.

Thanks Erict

kiki

Post by kiki » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:27 am

I gladly let you win, Webwanderer (my spiritual brother).

This site has become a favorite of mine on all of the internet; thanks for creating it erict, and thanks to heidi for all her efforts as well. It has been a pleasure working with all of you, and it's a privilege having so many caring members who are gaining something from its existence. Without you this place wouldn't grow as it has.

kiki

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:42 am

Thanks Kiki, I couldn't ask for a better family than you, and the many other fine participants of this forum. When I come here it feels like home. :)

heidi

Post by heidi » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:59 am

Okay, since we're on a mutual admiration flow here, I'll first welcome Sparks - Welcome! - (and we love eseward) and add my appreciation for all the goodness happening here, and especially all of the fine moderation attention and wise words of WW and Kiki lately, and bow to Eric's service to this fab forum. :)
Namaste!
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

enlighten

Post by enlighten » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:51 pm

Aye to all the above 8) & welcome sparks