Hi from Spokane - an oldie nowbie

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hi from Spokane - an oldie nowbie

Postby Sighclone » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:11 am

Having meditated for 34 years using TM, and continually reading metaphysical literature, Zen books, etc., my wife gave me something called "The Power of Now." I thought the title was a little corny, but Oprah is no lightweight and she was doing this huge webcast, so I started reading. By page 20, the final veil was lifting. No way in ten million years did I think I could 'get there.' (or perhaps 'be Here'). And I certainly had not been trying. But I had a big-time thought-stream running 24/7. Final clearing of old regrets and fears took about a week. Had a goofy nightmare about a 'home invasion.' Poor old fella, Mr. Ego False Self died kinda hard.

This is a wonderful site; thanks to all the moderators and members. We are the vanguard, people - the bright radiant leading edge. Our words are important. And very very very few people are aware of what is coming. It will be a while before we hear about it on CNBC. And we can expect some angry pain-bodies to show up. Just before he died last week, Maharishi said "Invincibility is irreversibly established in the world. My work is done. My designated duty to Guru Dev is fulfilled." The train has left the station. Namaste.
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Re: Hi from Spokane - an oldie nowbie

Postby snowheight » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:53 am

Andy, you are one handsome dude. Thanks for everything man.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby kiki » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:13 am

Lookin' good, Andy!
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby the key master » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:26 am

Cool to finally put a face with the name SC! Much love bud, and to all the mods, even Larry Froot. You guyz didnt think i knew bout him did ya?
the key master

Postby Sighclone » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:38 am

Jeepers all these faces! A buncha white guys...little tiny "points of awareness." Yeah LF was great --
I think he even had an avatar photo for a while.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby the key master » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:46 am

Sighclone wrote:Jeepers all these faces! A buncha white guys...little tiny "points of awareness." Yeah LF was great --
I think he even had an avatar photo for a while.

Andy

A bunch of effin honkies!
the key master

Postby erict » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:33 am

Welcome to the forum Sighclone :D
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Return to Introductions