Hello just joined and have a question.

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
gbayne

Hello just joined and have a question.

Post by gbayne » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:12 am

Hi - I just joined. I discovered Eckhart Tolle while watching Oprah. I have now read or shall I say listened to both of his books. I have been using his methods for just over a week now and am feeling really good mentally. I think I have been awakening for about a year now but didn't know what it was until now. I had a medical life or death situation which took me down mentally. Since that time have been ready and practicing the Law of Attraction. Until reallizing that the Law of Attraction was only a stepping stone to getting where I am now.
My question and one of the reasons for joining this group is this. Since starting to use the Power of Now and after about a week of being in the Now I am starting to physically feel bad. I have been aching in my head and chest and feel very tired. Could this have something to do with my awakening?

heidi

Re: Hello just joined and have a question.

Post by heidi » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:31 pm

Sounds like the flu :)
Welcome to the forum.
Acceptance of the headache is more likely a sign of awakening. ;)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:38 pm

heidi wrote:Sounds like the flu :)
Welcome to the forum.
Acceptance of the headache is more likely a sign of awakening. ;)
Heidi - I love your carefree Spirit..."sounds like the flu" -
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:47 pm

Hello gbayne,

There is a similar thread going on at this location: http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... f=4&t=3729
which may be helpful.

If you do a search, I believe you can find a lot of wisdom on this site about physical responses to growing awareness. It is a wonderful thing to investigate on your own with an open mind. I had some physical "afflictions" that pushed me into awareness. In my opinion, everything that happens is a part of the web of growing awareness. Awareness may not be the end of pain, but as Heidi suggested, the acceptance of pain.

Pay attention and see for yourself.
Be present, be pleasant.