Hi from California

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
MeMeMine

Hi from California

Post by MeMeMine » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:00 am

Hi everyone - I look forward to sharing time with you in this forum... this should be a good place to come visit and help remind myself to stop thinking so much and maybe tap into my own presence more often?

I've always been a seeker... always looking around for the profound nuggets that jolt my reality. I've found them in Buddhism, in the Toltec teachings, and of course in Tolle's message. In fact, it's that undeniable clarity that Tolle expresses that just blows me away... he is a modern day Buddha isn't he? I read Power of Now a couple of years back and have recently finished New Earth.

I live in Ojai, California. This is a little Gem of a place 2 hrs north of LA. I am a rugmaker by trade... going on 18 years now.

What else can I say? I'll see you inside... Cheers to everyone and Happy New Year.

Russell
Seize the moment and ride that moment into eternity. J. Matus

domokato

Re: Hi from California

Post by domokato » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:04 am

Welcome! Cool rugs! :)
~housecat

kiki

Post by kiki » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:28 am

Welcome to the board MeMeMine. Isn't Ojai where Krishnamurti used to give talks?

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

CCBCPA

Post by CCBCPA » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:34 am

Hi California,

I love your picture and user name.

Have you watched any of the DVD's with Eckart Tolle and seen his wonderful sense of humor?

I highly recommend the Findhorn retreat DVD.

CCB
CCB

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:14 am

Hello Russell, welcome to the forum. Check out some threads and join in the discussions. It's a great place to regain a little clarity.

WW

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:00 am

Welcome MeMeMine...exquisite threadwork!!

It really doesn't matter who Eckhart is, what matters is who you are....

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

MeMeMine

Post by MeMeMine » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Kiki - yes this is krishnamurti country... He said it reminded him of his hometown in India. It get's hot for a couple of months in summer, but otherwise it's damn near perfect.

Hi CCB - thanks... I might change the avatar when I awaken... he'll be smiling like a fat little buddha then! :lol: Until then I have to be somewhat honest about my current state of being! I haven't seen the dvd that you mention... I'll look into it.

Sighclone - thanks and gotcha :wink:

Webwanderer - yes, I can see that...
Seize the moment and ride that moment into eternity. J. Matus