Hello, Sam from Tavistock, England just joined

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
mukau

Hello, Sam from Tavistock, England just joined

Post by mukau » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:29 am

... and really looking forward to being around people who share a similar understanding of what's *really* going on :D I've been heading towards the things ET teaches for a long time. HIs teachings struck me as a 'yes, this is all I need' moment... when I describe the essence of 'The Power of Now' to people who haven't come across it I find myself describing it as 'European Buddhism' which of course, is inadequate :lol:

I love the simplicity and power of being present.

Great to be here

goldenbirdies

Re: Hello, Sam from Tavistock, England just joined

Post by goldenbirdies » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:10 pm

Welcome Sam :)

David
Last edited by goldenbirdies on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

Steal Softly through Sunshine, Steal Softly through Snow - Don Van Vliet

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:10 pm

Welcome Sam, glad you found us. I've never found a label that didn't come up short for the genuine experience of presence awareness. Even such monikers as the "Natural State" seem limiting. It's fun to keep trying however. At least the search for more acurate and clearer labels keeps us looking in the right direction. "What is this?", and "what am I" can be quite revealing as questions, but equally limiting when answered.

Enjoy the forum.

WW

kiki

Post by kiki » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:31 pm

Hello Sam, and welcome aboard. Yes, the simplicity of presence is quite transforming. Enjoy your stay with us.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

mukau

Post by mukau » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:55 pm

Thanks, everyone

eagle2phoenix

Post by eagle2phoenix » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi Sam, what does mukau mean? Does it have any spiritual meaning?

Carol from Malaysia
Life is fascinating. Nature is beautiful. Live life with nature.

mukau

Post by mukau » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:08 pm

mukau - it's my business name, and it stands for 'moo cow' (as in the Longman's English dictionary). I doesn't have any clever spiritual meaning... except that 'mu' is supposed (in Zen) to be the correct answer to a question that is based on flawed assumptions; i.e. when 'yes' and 'no' are inadequate because they legitimise the question... I found that out afterwards (as you do!) :D

eagle2phoenix

Post by eagle2phoenix » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:49 am

Incidentally, mukau sounds like a Malay word - muka (meaning "face") u (modern local meaning "you"). It also looks like mu (short for kamu - Malay word to address "you" politely) and kau (short for engkau - Malay word to address "you" on a friendly manner like "bro").

My screen name, eagle2phoenix, came about during a healing workshop way back in 2005, when I was asked by Healer Rochelle to see what I feel I look like in spirit. In my meditation, I saw an eagle perched on a high tree in the mountains taking off to the sky in a proud manner. The eagle was wounded in flight, came crashing down to earth and died. It was then transformed into the mythical and mystical phoenix, bird of fire raised from the dead. In short, it stands for transformation. I have been using that name since then for my initial email address, domain name (dormant) and blog.

It reminds me that I die everyday.

Love & Light
Life is fascinating. Nature is beautiful. Live life with nature.