Pleased To Find You All

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
Moonlight

Pleased To Find You All

Post by Moonlight » Tue May 02, 2006 6:57 pm

Hello everyone, i'm Moonlight from England & really glad to find this great place . So nice to find somewhere full of other like minded people as I don't really know anyone in my own life who shares my love of spiritual truth. I have only just begun to catch up on some of the topics here & i'm really looking forward to reading all of your words of wisdom :D .

For years I have accumulated many spiritual & self help books but nothing has touched me as deeply as Eckhart. I remember first reading an interview with him in a magazine & I was instantly hooked. Eckhart's words made such an impact that I had to race straight to the internet & order his books there & then. Eckhart's books are now like a bible to me.

I just feel such a deep longing to spend more of my life in that place of such beauty ,peace & love that I only seem to glimpse here & there. I am driven to keep looking to see what stands in my way of the depth I know is here. I'm not sure if it's my love of spirit or how unbearable the pain body is that keeps me searching. It's probably both.

Hmm I sense myself coming over all vague so I think i'll leave my introduction there. Last thing I want to do is bore people on a first post

:lol: I look forward to seeing you round the forum...

Chelsy

Post by Chelsy » Tue May 02, 2006 7:12 pm

Hi Moonlight!

Welcome aboard!
nothing has touched me as deeply as Eckhart.
Same here! The portals of the Power of Now are the best.

I look forward (in the now!) to your posts.

Cheers! :D

gina

Post by gina » Tue May 02, 2006 11:39 pm

Last edited by gina on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

mccpcorn

Post by mccpcorn » Wed May 03, 2006 10:04 am

Hello Moonlight. I am also new here, and also from the UK, so we have two things in common. ^^ A third is now this forum. ;)

For myself I would say that in my late teens a realised a division between religion and spirituality. I felt myself religious but could no longer connect with my church. I felt bad because on one level I felt I was letting the side down, so to speak, but honestly couldn't see the point in going if I got nothing out of it except the reflexive, habitual nod to my God that yes I was there to acknowledge he existed.

It's only recently that I explored any aspect of spirituality at all. I'm not one who has huge stacks of books on the subject (most of my books actually cover the Titanic) but I honestly don't feel the need for anything beyond the PoN. I recognise the conflicts I still suffer for what they are; I guess I am really just looking for the support of others with similar experiences as I make the transition.

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Wed May 03, 2006 5:04 pm

Hello Chelsy, gina & mccpcorn & thank you for the welcome :)

Mccpcorn you are right in that you certainly don't need a great stack of spiritual books ( I don't buy as many as I used to ! ) . For me though ,such books are a real portal in awakening me from wallowing in the story of me . Of course Eckhart says all you need to know but I still find many treasures in the books of others. I enjoy reading how others put into words " that which cannot be described". I always find something that brings me renewed inspiration & reading these books brings me to a presence that I find hard to find without them.

Actually one of the great things about these books is that I can read them again & again & they always seem fresh & bring a different perspective each time. If I could only keep one spiritual book though it would have to be Eckhart's A New Earth .

I too am here to find others who are going through this process of awakening. It's certainly a great challenge to awaken from the dream of thought & find our shining presence within. I'm glad i've found such a supportive place as this which should make the journey a little easier.

mccpcorn

Post by mccpcorn » Wed May 03, 2006 5:44 pm

Moonlight wrote:Actually one of the great things about these books is that I can read them again & again & they always seem fresh & bring a different perspective each time.
That certainly does sound wonderful. :)

gina

Post by gina » Wed May 03, 2006 6:05 pm

Last edited by gina on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

heidi

Post by heidi » Wed May 03, 2006 8:49 pm

Hi Moonlight - Love the name. Welcome, and enjoy the forum. :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave