MY unusal story

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
sikor

MY unusal story

Post by sikor » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:48 pm

hey

here's my story:
8 months ago i've discovered i have social phobia(funny how all my life i wasn't noticing it) . so i began introspecting myself heavily and found out that i'm good at it. i've tried to find the ultimate root of social phobia that will help not only me but the others(there are more poeple with it than you can imagine). nowaday, social phobia is treated by drugs or by coping techniques, i wanted to find a way to get out of it once and for all. one day, i got in this state that few days ago i discovered to be enlightenment. i would say "wooooooooow, if that's how being healthy looks like, im not going back" i would think that it's how a person without social phobia sees the world so i came to a belief that social phobia not only disables you when other people are around but also fucks up your whole perception. i was treating the enlightenment in a purely psychological way, nothing close to what the huge idea what enlightenment is. so the following months i've been writing down everything about this state, and trying to understand it. basically i came to the same conclusions as Tolle, but he showed them to me more simply. because i had it all very chaotic and i havent connected all the dots. i'm still struggling to understand, to tame my ego so that i can switch with both states at will. i know 8 months seems to be short period of time, but there was always something unusal with me. the social phobia problem, the thing i never had inner speech(although it was a form of thinking with ego without words), determination + the way i treated it : just another state of mind i wanted to not only achieve but understand, but nothing anywhere near the huge word as enlightenment is. (i'm still struggling, in and out of this state though)

DILIP ACHARYA

Re: MY unusal story

Post by DILIP ACHARYA » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:58 pm

HI SIKOR, Please donot believe me aguru or abig brother, very pleased to know u have started the inner journey. DO NOT TRY TO ahrd to tame the ego 4 after all attempts are through the mind. In stead read TOLLES LITERATURE ESPECIALLY the POWER OF NOW AND JUST BE AWARE OF THE FEELINGS AND HOW MIND BECOMES CALM AND STILL. He is arealized soul and it is the truth that u r reading. that is why so profound an effect. with regards-DILIP ACHARYA

karmarider

Re: MY unusal story

Post by karmarider » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:30 pm

sikor wrote:hey

here's my story:
8 months ago i've discovered i have social phobia(funny how all my life i wasn't noticing it) . so i began introspecting myself heavily and found out that i'm good at it. i've tried to find the ultimate root of social phobia that will help not only me but the others(there are more poeple with it than you can imagine). nowaday, social phobia is treated by drugs or by coping techniques, i wanted to find a way to get out of it once and for all. one day, i got in this state that few days ago i discovered to be enlightenment. i would say "wooooooooow, if that's how being healthy looks like, im not going back" i would think that it's how a person without social phobia sees the world so i came to a belief that social phobia not only disables you when other people are around but also fucks up your whole perception. i was treating the enlightenment in a purely psychological way, nothing close to what the huge idea what enlightenment is. so the following months i've been writing down everything about this state, and trying to understand it. basically i came to the same conclusions as Tolle, but he showed them to me more simply. because i had it all very chaotic and i havent connected all the dots. i'm still struggling to understand, to tame my ego so that i can switch with both states at will. i know 8 months seems to be short period of time, but there was always something unusal with me. the social phobia problem, the thing i never had inner speech(although it was a form of thinking with ego without words), determination + the way i treated it : just another state of mind i wanted to not only achieve but understand, but nothing anywhere near the huge word as enlightenment is. (i'm still struggling, in and out of this state though)
You may have created an idea of what enlightenment is. The mind creates a concept of enlightenment ("huge word" as you say) and we chase after it. That's not stillness. What I suggest is to find a release technique which resonates with you. EFT, EMDR, Sedona method, beyond-karma release, psych coping techniques...this may help with the social phobia, and it helps release emotions and concepts. There are many awareness techniques that help us center in stillness. Don't worry about the state or the big-bang event of "enlightenment." Let go of the concepts of enlightenment.

You may have created an " Moderator's note - karmarider - please edit and finish this :) .