Greetings...

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Greetings...

Postby Jim » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:45 pm

A bit new at this...
Just a testing post to see if this goes thru.
I have enjoyed Eckhart's teachings and find joy in the thought of a new book soon.
Anyway, greetings to you...
may your holidays be filled with joy!
Jim
Jim

Postby summer » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:25 pm

Hi Jim,
I am a newbie to this site too.
I first read The Power of Now back in 2001, and sensed right away that I needed to practice these teachings. So I joined a weekly group for a while, and have been listening to various tapes from his workshops ever since.

Just hearing Eckhart's voice and laughter helps me find that stillness within. Sort of like a meditation. And then the process of disengaging from my thoughts has been quite an adventure. Lots of ups and downs.

I look forward to hearing others share their stories and insights.
Wishing you a joy filled holiday season,
love,
summer
summer

Postby Jim » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:07 pm

Hi Summer,

I used the 'reply' tab & hope this goes to the right place... lol

I appreciate your response and although have never related much to the group thing, I join you in the up's and down's.. lol as well as the wonder of Silence.

The Presence has been calling me for over 30 yrs. Yet this world can be very distracting lol I am always attracted to Truth..., in It's many forms, and Eckhart truly simplifies It's message.

Being an observer to our thoughts... as they rise... then fade, brings me to the realization of ... to the experiance of... something greater than the little me. It also helps me connect (with understanding and compassion) to the world as a whole... so as not to sweat the small stuff.
I guess I have moved passed the greeting thing.. lol, so I suppose I will look about this site for other avenues to commune.

Again, thank you for your heartfelt reply,
Jim
Jim

Postby heidi » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:39 pm

Hi Jim and Summer - So glad you've joined us here as we share those signposts that point to presence. :D
Our little forum is growing nicely, and we hope you'll stop by often and share your ideas freely.
Happiest holidays!
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby summer » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:18 am

Hi Jim,
I hear ya.
I am not much of a group person myself. My sanctuary of presence has always been in Nature. I love to walk on the beaches, or up in the hills, and I feel so alive in that realm.

My challenge has always been to bring that sense of wonder into the workplace. The minute I get around people I start acting just like they do.
My conditioning takes over. And I suffer.

Eckhart has been such a blessing in my life because he describes the egoic mind in such detail. And when we see it from his perspective we have to laugh.

While at the same time, when we are identified with our POOR ME story it seems soooooo serious.

I love what you said about understanding and compassion.
summer

Postby summer » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:28 am

Hi Heidi,
thank you for setting up this website, and giving us all an opportunity to share together.

I have wished there was such a place.

And you have taken the biggest step and created it.

Thank you
summer

Postby erict » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:46 pm

You're welcome, summer :D
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby heidi » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:38 pm

We have Eric to thank for setting up this forum. Peacethings hosts it, and Eric is the owner. Thanks Eric!
:)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Return to Introductions