hi!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
rachMiel

hi!

Post by rachMiel » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:01 pm

hi everyone. :-)

my name is rachMiel. my thumbnail "spiritual" path (thus far): catholicism -> krishnamurti -> toni packer -> seth -> (tibetan) buddhism. i've read one tolle book, Power of Now, and much of it resonated quite deeply with me.

in my "relative" life i'm a musician, writer, and teacher.

thank you for allowing me to join this forum.

rachMiel
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

kiki

Re: hi!

Post by kiki » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Glad to have you with us. Please review our posting guidelines and rules if you haven't already done so.

http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... f=9&t=2051

I look forward to your participation.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

rachMiel

Post by rachMiel » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:04 pm

thanks, kiki. :-)

i just read the rules. it's a bit daunting to be greeting with 13 dos/don'ts ... but they all seem reasonable. i'm very aware of where forums can go (even "spiritual" forums) if they are unmoderated free-for-alls. ;-)

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:19 pm

Welcome rachMiel. I'm glad you reviewed our rules. I'm guessing you just overlooked the one on using capital letters where appropriate. :wink:
Please enjoy our forum in the spirit in which it is intended. It can be very useful for engaging in dialog with our insightful membership.

WW

rachMiel

Post by rachMiel » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:21 am

Thanks Webwanderer. :-)

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:14 am

Welcome rM -- great posts so far and thanks for both joining and abiding with the rules. "Abiding" -- isn't that a cute aniquated quasi-religious term. But if we break one or two of them for a favored member, then the floodgates are open. Say, which Krishnamurti held your interest?...UG has a couple of fans here, but most prefer Jiddu.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

rachMiel

Post by rachMiel » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Sighclone wrote:Welcome rM -- ... Say, which Krishnamurti held your interest?...UG has a couple of fans here, but most prefer Jiddu.
Thanks for the welcome, Andy. :-) And, yes, it's Jiddu Krishnamurti.

abide
O.E. abidan, gebidan "remain," from ge- completive prefix (denoting onward motion; see a- (1)) + bidan "bide, remain, wait, dwell" (see bide). Originally intransitive (with genitive of the object: we abidon his "we waited for him"); transitive sense emerged in M.E. Meaning "to put up with" (now usually negative) first recorded 1520s. The historical conjugation is abide, abode, abidden, but the modern formation is now generally weak.

I'm happy to have abidden with the ECTO 13 (ECkhart TOlle discussion community 13 rules of engagement). ;-)