Introduction, Take Three

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Introduction, Take Three

Postby michal » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:21 am

Hello, my name is Michal.

Sorting life with open-mindedness, and welcoming realizations as they come.

Life is grand, what can I say. 8)

I maintain Kahlil Gibran fan site. Browse in, leave an opinion... :wink:

Alright, that's all for now.

Cheers.
Last edited by michal on Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michal

Postby erict » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:29 am

Hey Michal!

So how did you become acquainted with Eckhart Tolle?
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby michal » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:54 am

Well, by a good friend of mine (psst... it's *looks around to see that no one else is listening* you!).

I've the book, which I've read only once and just one (or less) chapter, and it's been sitting on my desk in front of me ever since I got it.

I should really read it.
michal

Re-Introduction

Postby michal » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:00 pm

I'd like to re-introduce myself.

My name is Michal, and I'm from Israel. The Power Of Now was sent to me by a friend months ago, and there was a long time when it just sat on my computer desk, staring at me calmly. At last I opened it... and then another long while passed until I read it again. When that time arrived, I delved into it, drawing comfort from Tolle's words, when my mind was troubled. When that time passed I haven't touched it since--it's been a few months.

I am happy to announce that I have almost reached the middle. *amused* I used to feel bad about the fact that it took me a long time to just pick it up let alone read a few pages... But now I recall my previous encounters with such life-altering books, specifically Conversations With God, which took me months to finish reading, and a couple of years perhaps to decipher and understand it. Now I realize that I don't even need to justify myself *shrug* I'm just accepting it.

Recently I have began an architecture prep course, in it I am training my artistic mood and creativity. It kinda occured to me that, to me at least, such books are kind of like an artistic mood... you can't force it.

For the moment I am applying presence as much as I can, specifically in cases where I most need it (which is, err, most of the time). It helps.

Peace to all.
michal

Return to Introductions