Hello there!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello there!

Postby Known_as_Nicklas » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Hi there. I'm glad I found this forum :D

I was writing a huge "life story" here, but then it started to feel meaningless.. as it would be just a story :). Just glad to be here right now, support of like minded people is priceless.

Love you all.
Known_as_Nicklas

Re: Hello there!

Postby the key master » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi Known. Good to have you here :P
the key master

Postby erict » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi, and welcome!

I don't think it's meaningless at all. I'm always interested to learn about members of the forum. I think it's silly when sometimes people first encounter these teachings and decide to disregard their "story" altogether. I don't think that's the point. The point is to see that it is just a story. :)

I'm also curious to know how you have found us, and how long have you been around before you decided to join and introduce yourself. Although of course, you should share about yourself only as much as you feel comfortable sharing.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby Sighclone » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:05 am

Welcome Nicklas! We all have "little me" lives in form. Meaningless from the perspective of Brahman, yes, but nonetheless our "little lives" are full of the infinite creative potential of the universe, and we can celebrate the apparent diversity in all of them.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby runstrails » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:14 am

Welcome, Nicklas! Stories are always interesting. Do tell us yours when you feel like it.
runstrails

Postby Known_as_Nicklas » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:16 am

erict wrote:I think it's silly when sometimes people first encounter these teachings and decide to disregard their "story" altogether. I don't think that's the point. The point is to see that it is just a story.

Hehe, already learning something new here. Thank you for reminder. :)

And thanks for the comments, guys.

So, here goes:

I'm 21 years old, and from Finland. Two years ago I got interested in meditation, and encountered an amazing energy experience, that woke me up to the realization that there is more to this world than we think. It felt like warm energy buzzing, saying "Welcome home". I literally cried for an hour after that. And the next morning too. So powerful it was.

After that I felt an inner calling, and started searching. I have been bouncing from here and there with different kinds of spiritual teachings, since I wanted more information about everything related to the "unmaterial" world. I got introduced into Reiki, and had 2 courses of that. I started "sensing" energy, which felt really good too. I tried channeling consciousness as well, but I didn't have the patience for that, same with Astral projection. I did take a peek in the PON too, but didn't take that too far either. It was too early.

This summer I had a 3 months break to everything. I found a new love (my first one :oops: ), and totally forgot myself in the world of matter. Eventually the inner calling got too strong, and I just had to get back to learn more. Once again I got heaps of meditations and things to do. And once again I ran out of patience. Plus, I was in a relationship now, and argues we had were really starting to hurt me. I wanted to find peace. And stumbled upon PON again.

After reading the whole book, I was totally mindblown. The information is amazing. The feelings of peace were amazing. I quickly ordered "New Earth" from the internet store. While waiting, I started looking for other people who have experiences with being present. Google finally gave out your forum with "Eckhart Tolle forum" keyword :wink: . I have been peeking here for a week for two without an account.

So, as I said, the most important thing Tolle's teachings have shown me is peace. Peace from being in "Seek mode", and looking and looking for more, with my mind. I naturally like peaceful and relaxed environments and that's what makes these teachings so blessing. :)
Last edited by Known_as_Nicklas on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Known_as_Nicklas

Postby Sighclone » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:28 am

Thanks, Nik! We have many members for whom English is a second language. Congratulations to you and your teachers -- your command is excellent.

It felt like warm energy buzzing, saying "Welcome home".

This is a common expression from those who have had a glimpse, a kensho, a moment of satori...I've had a few.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby tooblue » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Welcome Known_as_Nicklas
tooblue

Postby hanss » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:02 am

Hello Nicklas, I love your pic :) Are you on the east side of Finland?
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)
hanss

Return to Introductions