Age is just a number

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Age is just a number

Postby luzmcamilo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Hello, I am 61 years of age.
I am new to the forum, and for the last days have been reading the posts and find much of the communication is easy to understand. Thank you.
It was around the time that I retired 2 years ago I first read A New Earth, then The Power of Now.
For many years I have loved gardening. When I was raising a family in the projects (Government housing) I started a garden club with a group of tenants who were into it as well. I have the time to dedicate now and enjoy seeing the beauty of nature. I take great pleasure in it all.
Writing has been an interest ever since I entered the educational arena 1980. I was motivated by the wonderful English professors. I was challenged to put it all down on paper. I have a lot to write about.
To be honest I only just know about Eckhart. I have been too busy with life and the commitment of daily living to get into all of the spiritual leaders of the world. I want to keep it simple and that is what Eckhart does.

Lucy
luzmcamilo

Re: Age is just a number

Postby karmarider » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Good to meet you here, Lucy.
karmarider

Postby kiki » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Welcome to the board, Lucy.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Quinn » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi Lucy,
Welcome! from a fellow 'boomer' (I'm 58). I really admire Tolle's clarity, too.
Quinn

Postby powerbowler » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:24 pm

I believe that we all would be much happier if we did not know our age , we then would be truly only as old as we feel or think. I have never enjoyed birthdays , for myself or others , it feels more like a countdown . To celebrate your being born is wonderful , not how old you are. How old am i ? --- dunno.

powerbowler

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:48 am

I forget how old I am :lol:

Welcome Lucy...
I have been too busy with life and the commitment of daily living to get into all of the spiritual leaders of the world.

I'd say you chose well.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to Introductions