Introdusing my body form ;) The rest you know...

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Introdusing my body form ;) The rest you know...

Postby Ida » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Yeah, the topic speaks...find it hard to introduse my self after finding out that my ego does not exist! :D
And what I consist most of is stillness. Then, what is left? Should I tell about my inner peace?
Don't you know all about that?

I am a mother, but that does not define me.
I am a designer, but that does not define me.
I am 35 years old, but that does not define me in any way.
I live in Norway, right now, but that is just where my body have it's home at this moment.

My history; Suffering, gave it up, started living! ;)

What Eckhart means to me? He defined my state of mind, my feelings and my spirit, he draw the map to my understandings.
I was "there" before reading Eckharts books, but I had no names for it, no pointers.
Listening to his books gave me a feeling of beeing home, on the right path so to speak.

It really wonders me, why we seam to cling to a defination of our belives. Hope Eckhart one day speaks about just that.
Don't we trust our spirit? It's my biggest question these days :)

Thank you for this community! :) I thank every one of you!! Every post is a unike part of it. Love to read your post!! :)
You might not see so many post with my signature, I am more here in spirit then in words.
I just don't have so much to say, cause I'm so busty just beeing ;)
Love you!
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world
Ida

Re: Introdusing my body form ;) The rest you know...

Postby kiki » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Welcome to the board, Ida.

I just don't have so much to say, cause I'm so busty

You sound like my kind of gal. :wink:
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Natalie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:32 pm

Hehehehe Kiki. Is that the only thing you saw in her wonderful post? :lol:

Welcome Ida. Glad you found us. I enjoyed your post very much and can relate to many of the experiencies you describe.

Natalie
Natalie

Postby Ida » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Oh! Now I know why we cling to definitions!
Its the ego's will or need to be right...My crazy ego lead me to Eckharts teachings, so its not just bad ;)
Ironic...

Thank you for your warm welcome Kiki and Natalie :)
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world
Ida

Postby erict » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:49 am

Welcome Ida :) It's really nice to feel your excitement and appreciation.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:54 pm

My history; Suffering, gave it up, started living!

Love your enthusiasm Ida - isn't it amazing the power of that statement/choice! I can feel it way over here :)
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Sighclone » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 am

Welcome Ida!

It really wonders me, why we seam to cling to a defination of our belives. Hope Eckhart one day speaks about just that. Don't we trust our spirit? It's my biggest question these days.

I am assuming you mean the definition of our beliefs about who we are. (Beliefs such as "I am a designer, I am 35, I am a mother, etc.") If that is what your question is, that is the simple "sense of self" we form early in life. A sense of self that is encouraged by our parents, siblings, society. The ego gets pretty clear and firm in that identity as we grow older. Eckhart said in a 2008 Oprah webinar that the ego was naturally very strong in everyone, including himself until about age 30. Seems it is organic. It is certainly cultural. It becomes a safety blanket.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Ida » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:26 am

Andy:
I meant the other way around...the need for definitions for our spirital life. I mean, if we did'nt have a need for definitions,
would we then read books about it, and listen to every wise person we meet?
Is that the ego, or is it the longing for understanding?
The ego want us to know, so that we can be "smart" and "wise". More spiritual then the person standing in front of us...
But I don't only see it with the ego's need, I think our spirit want us to know how we are just so that we can enjoy. :)
Ida

Postby Sighclone » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:28 am

I think our spirit want us to know how we are just so that we can enjoy

Actually, we are our spirit -- there is no separation.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Ida » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Sighclone wrote:
I think our spirit want us to know how we are just so that we can enjoy

Actually, we are our spirit -- there is no separation.

Andy

Beautiful!! :) Thank you!
Ida

Return to Introductions