Evening :)

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Evening :)

Postby Alexander » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:16 pm

My name is Alexander. ;)

I'm 17 years old, and discovered Eckhart Tolle's books a few weeks ago, based on recommendations on another forum saying they were life changing! I've now read the Norwegian translation of The Power of Now and A New Earth, both very amazing books that have changed quite a bit of my thinking! Might end up reading the English versions as well sometime.

I found this forum after searching a little around after finishing the books, since it looked like such a great resource (and nice people) I felt like I had to give it a try!

As for my little journey; I have not noticed any major feelings since becoming aware of the Ego and Now as such, at most it might feel like stillness. But many of the times I think it's my Ego playing enlightened for now. How it feels like instead of being aware of the Ego, it's the Ego becoming aware of itself, which I do think is wrong! I'm pretty new to this, and young though so I don't stress to much with it. I'll try let it come and study it more.

Oh and I'm Norwegian and quite like the taste of toasted bread. :D
Alexander

Re: Evening :)

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:48 am

Welcome Alexander. Enjoy the forum. It seems we've had a youth invasion recently. A goodly number of new younger members. It seems that consciousness is waking up at an earlier age these days. Very cool. :D

WW
Webwanderer

Re: Evening :)

Postby erict » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:36 am

Welcome,

I recommend you do read The Power of Now in English. I've encountered translations in several other languages, and firstly it seems that it's a book that is incredibly difficult to translate well to other languages, and secondly, there's something really special about the original English book itself.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Return to Introductions