Hello

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello

Postby chaley1982 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi everyone, I am very new to this forum concept I guess I am behind the times so I am not one hundred percent sure how it works. I wanted to write or join this community to hopefully find and meet people with a similar views. That may seem boring I guess but I am shy of thirty years old and the people I engage with on a regular basis are either deceased or out of reach. (famous authors) It's kind of hard to build a rapport there. So allow me to introduce myself I am a twenty nine I live in Ontario Canada. I am a single male and haven't found the 'one' yet. I have read The Power of Now as well as A New Earth thou not in that order. I find myself often lost in thought although I have always seen the dysfunction. I haven't been able to "find the off switch" as Eckhart puts it. I due understand that progress is a slow process and I am not looking for quick fix. It's a challenge to quiet the mind as my experience has shown me. I am however hoping to find method's that call help assist me in my journey to mental clarity. So that's it for me for now thank you for the opportunity to post this on the website.
Sincerely
Chaley
chaley1982

Re: Hello

Postby runstrails » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:11 am

Welcome Chaley. We are happy you joined.
I engage with on a regular basis are either deceased or out of reach. (famous authors) It's kind of hard to build a rapport there.

I like your sense of humor and look forward to your posts!
runstrails

Re: Hello

Postby Sighclone » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:46 am

Chaley -

Welcome! You might like to explore some other authors, writers, teachers who assist in spiritual awakening. Try Candice O'Denver's site here: http://www.greatfreedom.org/ or Adyashanti.org. His book "True Meditation" is splendid.

Also, the audio version of Eckhart's "Stillness Speaks" and his CD "Gateways to Now" have been very helpful to others.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to Introductions